NO FREAKING WAY!!

Describe the most puzzling blood trail you've ever been on.
jonny5buck

NO FREAKING WAY!!

Postby jonny5buck » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:29 pm

------- :lol:
Last edited by jonny5buck on Sat May 14, 2011 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

deerhunter713

RE: NO FREAKING WAY!!

Postby deerhunter713 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:57 pm

Try reading this from the Administrator:
http://forum.deeranddeerhunting.com/tm.aspx?m=2

Specifically:
"You'll want to avoid posting long stretches in all capital letters -- in internet etiquette, it is considered shouting. Plus it's just plain hard to read."

NRA Life Member

The Second Amendment should have been the First Amendment, because without the Second Amendment, there would be no other rights.

8uck5nort

Postby 8uck5nort » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:32 am

Johnn5Buck,

I hear ya on the doe. Did pretty much the same thing on a buck last year. Hit a branch that deflected my arrow just enough to mess up the shot. However, I still hit the buck (probably in the shoulder blade) and it actually snapped my arrow in two. Buck took off and never did find him. Blood trail just ended after about 100 or so yards.

On the CAPS. Deerhunter713 is right. Just good etiquiette to not use CAPS unless you are yelling at someone.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:52 am

y :lol:
Last edited by jonny5buck on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:06 pm

just to clarify  :)
Last edited by jonny5buck on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bubbalp

Postby bubbalp » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:42 am

Got a shot a a spike on a DMAP stamp last year with my new slug gun. We tracked him for three hours, with little spots and then a pill of blood and spots again. The guy I gave the deer to crawled around in a circle of briers and got wet and cold but we found him. Got to put in the effort, It's only fair to the deer. And teach the young hunter Ethics of the Hunt..BubbaLp

Jdbllung

Postby Jdbllung » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:00 am

I pulled up on a doe on the last Sat. of rifle this year.  Picked out a nice one w/out any little ones near her.  Pulled the trigger and watched her fall, or so I thought.  I walked up the ridge to where she was last standing and could see where she had fallen and slid down the side of the ravine.  I look with the binos for a minute or so hoping to get a glimpse of her laying down or folded up. No such luck, so down the side I go.  Sliding on my butt from one stopping point to another, still seeing where she herself also slid.  All the way to the bottom and I pick up her track.  I look hard fo blood, but I'm not seeing any, I look in the direction the tracks are heading and I see a tail.  I put my scope on the tail and try to make out the rest.  I watched that tail for 30 secs or so and then she moved wher I could get a shot and I noticed she had a limp, no brainer.  I put her down, this time, and start to walk up to her, maybe 60 or 70 yds.  I follow her tracks to her and not one drop of blood on the way, but when I get up to her, she was hit both times, 1st shot was a text book heart shot, 2nd shot, neck shot.  I am still baffled that there was no blood trail and will probably never know why.
Happiness is a good blood trail! Jeremy W.

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:11 am

Jdbllung I had the same thing happen to me on my first deer.  At the shot she did a mule kick and I knew I had hit her so I climbed up the steep hill and get to the top and there is no blood.  I started to second guess myself and my grandpa said to follow the kicked up leaves so that's what I did and 50 yards later there she is dead but never found a drop of blood until I got right up to her.  When we field dressed her I had hit the heart dead on and it was a complete pass through with the rifle.

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:09 am

This story keeps getting stranger-- :twisted:
Last edited by jonny5buck on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:18 am

Good job finding the arrows.  So, it sounds like you didn't get the short end after all.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Return to Blood Trailing