The Stink Stick

FFKEVIN

The Stink Stick

Postby FFKEVIN » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:02 pm

[font=tahoma]I picked up a couple of these at this year's Ohio Deer & Turkey Expo.  I can't wait to use them.  I have always used Tink's Scent Bombs, and I would always end up smelling like deer urine every time I tried to put them out or collect them.  Not to mention, storing them was a smelly mess.  These Stink sticks are made of thick, hard plastic and have airtight, screw on caps.[/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]I also got the glow in the dark ones, because it always took me a while to find my scent bombs after it got dark.[/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]I'll keep you posted on how it works, looking forward to using it in a couple of weeks![/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]http://www.stinkstick.com/[/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]Image[/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

Xplorer

RE: The Stink Stick

Postby Xplorer » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:10 am

So, how are they working out?

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:49 pm

[font=tahoma]Sorry, I forgot all about updating this thread...  [/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]These sticks worked GREAT!!!  They were very easy to set up and hang, and the glow in the dark made them east to find after dark.  The threaded ends prevented any scent from leaking out.  I also got extra wicks, so all I have to do is switch them out for next year.[/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]Very satisfied with this product!!!  I would definitely recommend these!!![/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:07 am

But did they attract any deer?
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:52 pm

[font=tahoma]WW - I'll assume that you were asking if it dispersed the scent well?  (Since, these were just scent holders that you purchase empty and fill with whatever scent you want.)[/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]To answer your question, yes they did.  They worked great.  (No I didn't get the monster I was waiting for all season.  He did come to the scent stick, but my bow made a creak noise when I drew it back and it spooked him off  [:@])[/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]Again, I am very happy with these and I will never go back to the Tink's Scent Bombs or scent wicks.  No mess, no stinky, gloves / hands, no stinky bag.  Only smell when you want it![/font]

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:24 pm

ORIGINAL: FFKEVIN

[font=tahoma]WW - I'll assume that you were asking if it dispersed the scent well?  (Since, these were just scent holders that you purchase empty and fill with whatever scent you want.)[/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]To answer your question, yes they did.  They worked great.  (No I didn't get the monster I was waiting for all season.  He did come to the scent stick, but my bow made a creak noise when I drew it back and it spooked him off  [:@])[/font]
[font=tahoma][/font] 
[font=tahoma]Again, I am very happy with these and I will never go back to the Tink's Scent Bombs or scent wicks.  No mess, no stinky, gloves / hands, no stinky bag.  Only smell when you want it![/font]

OK...Now I get it. They are NOT a particular scent, but a method/tool for scent dispersal.

Consider me schooled!  Thanks!

BTW...isn't it funny that you NEVER notice any of those little annoying sounds until the moment of truth???

I read once that a good way of detecting any noises with your bow, is to go into a dark (dark enough that you can't see anything), quiet, room and after sitting in there quietly for a few minutes, draw your bow with an arrow nocked. Your ears seem to pick up ANY small sounds more readily this way because your eyes are not transmitting any observational data to your brain.

I've never tried this, but it makes sense, and it sure doesn't cost you anything!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:22 pm

great tip WW 
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:04 pm

[font=tahoma]Beleve me, there is no noise now.  I almost cried that day...  [:(][/font]

TopNock

Postby TopNock » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:54 am

I've been using these things for 3 years now. The best there is!! I like the glow orange, they glow to find at night and the orange is a good yardage marker. they are great for bear too with anise oil in them.  I will put them by a scrape or on a runway with my trail cam.  I have tryed other one but in cold weather that all freeze up to close them ,not this one. Hope this helps

Return to Scent Attractants/Scent Eliminators