One of those days..

Bluegrass Archer

One of those days..

Postby Bluegrass Archer » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:55 pm

That you'd rather forget. Any day in God's creation is a good day, but i've had better lol. I was in a rush today, and i couldnt help but think i was forgetting something. But in my hurry i figured well, ive got my clothes, ive got my bow.. what else do i need? Half way there it hits me. My da-gum boots! I'm already running late and im set on going hunting this evening, so ill just have to do without. But once i got there i realized a half mile walk in the woods aint much fun in flipflops. I wasnt very stealthy to say the least. And as luck would have it, i reach my stand with the welcome of 3 white flags. I decided well maybe ill just do some calling since i done scared the natural bait away. Nothin.. atleast thats what i thought. I got down from my stand a little early since the area was new to me, and getting lost in the woods wasnt the way i wanted to top off my day. But that prooved to be my last mistake of the day. Just as soon i get down from my stand and take two steps, i see a small racked 7-8pt. buck comin to check out what the fuss was all about. He saw me before i saw him tho, and there it was, my fourth white flag of the day. 15 minutes here or there.. and this might of been a different story. But hey, theres always tomorrow :)

8uck5nort

RE: One of those days..

Postby 8uck5nort » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:11 am

Had my fair share of them as well, and way more than I would care to admit.

Better luck next time.
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

djohns13

RE: One of those days..

Postby djohns13 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:49 am

To be honest, I can't count the number of times that I have forgot at least one thing. It seems to be the rule rather than the exception. So far this season I have forgotten at one time or another my scent killer, doe urine scent, safety rope, knife and binoculars. In fact I have totally lost my binos now and probably won't find them until the day after the season closes. At least I have my bow and release, for now anyways.
Darren Johnson
Internet Pro Staff Member - Indiana

Glad to talk to all of you, but I'd rather be sitting in a tree stand on a cool morning trying not to move so that the bruiser buck directly below me doesn't figure out that I am watching him!

Return to Indiana