The Best Climbing stand????

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
whubbard

The Best Climbing stand????

Postby whubbard » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:47 am

Let the debate begin. 

Unfortunately I had an Ol' Man alum. climber stolen out of a tree a few weeks ago.  Although I liked this stand I am wanting to try something new.  I have three weeks left of bow season here in Missouri and am trying to decide what new climber I want.  I'm leaning towards the Lone Wolf Sit and Climb, Summit Viper SS, and a few others.  I enjoy the stands with the sides on them more.  I feel more comfortable in the tree.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mag30079

RE: The Best Climbing stand????

Postby mag30079 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:49 am

Sorry to hear your stand got ripped.
I got a Summit razor ss, its ok. I did have to have my top section replaced. Thats the only problem I've had. The customer service was awesome too. Any of the stands that you mentioned are great, also API makes some nice stands too.

Good luck and let us know what ya ended up buying

hendo64

Postby hendo64 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:30 am

well I can't tell you what the best is because I have only tried 1. that is the tree lounge. it is a very nice, safe, comfortable, and easy to use stand. it is a little heavy and bulky but is still worth a look into it. they are kinda expensive. I got lucky and my grandpa had bought one several years ago and he gave it to me. sorry to hear bout your other stand people like that make me sick and good luck with the rest of you deer season

brit190

Postby brit190 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:31 am

I've hunted a lot with my summit viper, for the last six years or so.  Before this season, I decided to try a new one and I purchased the Lone Wolf Sit and Climb.  I was extremely disappointed with my purchase and returned it.  The slightest lean made me feel like I was going to lose my balance and it didn't bite into the tree.  The seat was not comfortable either.  After hunting (the one time), I left my stand at the base of the tree to do some scouting.  Off in the distance when looking back, there was quite a glare on the belt that wraps around the tree.  The one bonus is that it was light, that's it.  I went back to using my viper and loved every minute of it.

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:39 am

lone wolf or summit - lone wolf are lighter - summits are more comfortable - just depends on what you are looking for but both are great

I have two summits -my buddies have lone wolfs

whubbard

Postby whubbard » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:39 pm

Thanks man.  I just made a decision.  I am going with the summitt.  They make a viper that is lighter weight (the name escapes me) but looking at it today I realized that's what I wanted.  My hikes into the woods are short at best, and I'm willing to give up 20 min. of discomfort hiking for 5 hours of relaxation and comfort.  Thanks for all the posts.

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:23 pm

my only 2 cents here woudl be to go with the bigger viper goliath.  it is just a bit more room.  All my hunting buddies have the goliath and i have the ss.  they have a bit more room.  in my ss I find the side supports are a bit to close and i hit my elbows frequently.  other than that i have no complaints as it is so comfortable i have a tendancy to fall asleep on those early morning hunts. 

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:24 pm

ORIGINAL: brit190
Before this season, I decided to try a new one and I purchased the Lone Wolf Sit and Climb.  I was extremely disappointed with my purchase and returned it.  The slightest lean made me feel like I was going to lose my balance and it didn't bite into the tree.  The seat was not comfortable either. 

I've been thinking about getting a Lone Wolf Sit-and-Climb. This is the first negative thing I have heard about it. I have a couple of friends who have them, so I think I'll try to borrow one and try it out before I buy.

Steve

Jdbllung

Postby Jdbllung » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:44 pm

ORIGINAL: kribbz

my only 2 cents here woudl be to go with the bigger viper goliath.  it is just a bit more room.  All my hunting buddies have the goliath and i have the ss.  they have a bit more room.  in my ss I find the side supports are a bit to close and i hit my elbows frequently.  other than that i have no complaints as it is so comfortable i have a tendancy to fall asleep on those early morning hunts. 

My sentiments exactly, I'll gladly deal with a little extra weight packing it it for some more wiggle room, but nodding off may come easier.
Happiness is a good blood trail! Jeremy W.

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:56 pm

[color=#000000]whubbard - I purchased the Treewalker Treestand at the Ohio Deer & Turkey Expo over 2 years ago, and it is the best and most comfortable stand I have EVER used!  One of my hunting buddies bought one at the expo this year.  He told me this past weekend he'll never own another climber treestand. 
[/color] 
It's light, easy to use, and extremely comfortable.  It is also very safe.  I have never felt safer in a tree as I do with this stand.

There are a a couple of different models and a ton of good photos on their web site - http://www.treewalkertreestands.com/

�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

Next

Return to Tree Stands