Lone Wolf Climbing Sticks

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
BirdMan

Lone Wolf Climbing Sticks

Postby BirdMan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:33 am

I just bought some of these and are using them for the first time.  What method does everyone use to hang their LW sticks?  How do you carry them up the tree with you, keeping your hands free for hanging the next stick?

whitacl

RE: Lone Wolf Climbing Sticks

Postby whitacl » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:44 am

I use a climbing belt for safety first.  But i go up and down for each stick for safety.  But i am thinking about carring a magnet attached to a drop line and layng them out on the ground to pull each one up with me as i go up.  they are very nice and light.  Good hunting!
Ohio BBH

BirdMan

Postby BirdMan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:28 am

Thanks whitacl.  Surely someone else uses these.  How do you carry them up with you so you don't have to go back down for each one?

stickslingerd

Postby stickslingerd » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:35 am

I LOVE my LW climbing sticks.  I put one on the tree from the ground, then clumb up put the other on.. then climb down.. put my stand on my back, do my bow rope, grab the third stick, climb up put the 3rd stick on, then up and set the stand.   It's a safe and QUIET way to do it. Works for me anyway.
Hunt hard, hunt often... today may be the day.

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:33 am

Correct me if i'm wrong but the steps don't look very big. Does any one have a problem with their foot slipping off? Or missin entirely? Just curious.
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:29 am

ORIGINAL: DoeEyed

Correct me if i'm wrong but the steps don't look very big. Does any one have a problem with their foot slipping off? Or missin entirely? Just curious.

I've always wondered the same thing...

stickslingerd

Postby stickslingerd » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:36 am

I've never had a problem and I'm not a little guy.  one thing to consider is that if your boots are packed full of mud.. i know commoon sense.. but clean your boots.  i've never slipped of these. 
Hunt hard, hunt often... today may be the day.

jbeff17

Postby jbeff17 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:52 am

i have been using these steps for years and love them..i usually put the bottom 2 sticks on then i put the ather 2 over my head((leave the straps on the mushrooms and the loop that is formed  goes over my head/shoulder....one on the left one on the right)) then i go up the tree   secure the last 2 come back down suit up and set the treestand and get in   i can now do it from the time i get to the base of the tree to being done i 15-30 min depending

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:55 pm

I tie them up and untie them when I get to the tree I use the saftey belt as well..SAFTEY FIRST! Ill then attach them all together on the ground and hook them up from there.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

joaxe

Postby joaxe » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:22 am

Deer Hunting peeps,

I use this when ascending the tree and attaching the Climbing Sticks:

http://www.lonewolfstands.com/shoppingcart/Products/Climbing-Stick-Caddy__CSC.aspx

I put the 1st Stick on the tree and use the Caddy to carry the other Sticks.  I've modified it a bit to allow removal of each Stick as they are being attached.  The last Stick has the Caddy attached to it.  Pretty handy.  Of course, you could always rig up something similar and cheaper...

Joe

Next

Return to Tree Stands