OK, Black Powder season.

tbone

OK, Black Powder season.

Postby tbone » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:12 am

Anyone as fired up about Black Powder season opening next weekend as I am, I went out and fired a few more down range in preperation today, got my trusty ole smoke pole dialed in real good.
Hunting safe, all the time.

nhdeerchaser

RE: OK, Black Powder season.

Postby nhdeerchaser » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:01 am

Tbone,

I'm from NH, and our muzzleloader season starts on Halloween! I am pumped! I took my guns out on Labor day to make sure they were dialed in, and my muzzleloader was shooting 1" high at 50 yards, two bullets kissing.

I'll take that! Bring on muzzleloader!

Mike
You can't kill'em sittin' on the couch!

MoDeer

Postby MoDeer » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:17 pm

Count me in I'm ready . I will be there Friday afternoon getting the camp set up. Bringing my bow with me this year also . With any luck I will get to donate 2 small fortunes to your conservation department .
   Last year I passed a nice buck second day because I did not want to sit in camp with nothing to do all week . Ended up shooting that buck next to last day of our hunt . This year I will shoot and then run to town and buy my bow tags .  
    GOOD LUCK to everyone
Johnny

If I cant make a good shot please let me have a clean miss

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:06 pm

I have to wait until Dec 2.
While out today I picked up some Pyrodex pellets and some sabots for my .50 sidekick.

tyler

Postby tyler » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:43 pm

Has anyone had any luck yet?

tbone

Postby tbone » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:27 pm

Saw a ton of does, my brother saw a decent buck but didnt get a shot. I only hunted once last weekend, had to much stuff to do around the house.

So a big fat zero for me this year for black powder, I just started a new job and dont have any vacation time built up yet, so I can only hunt the weekends this year.
Hunting safe, all the time.

nhdeerchaser

Postby nhdeerchaser » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:50 pm

I was out there this last w/e, and saw nothing. Gonna try to get out before this w/e, but might have to wait till monday, and make it a 3 day hunt.

Mike
You can't kill'em sittin' on the couch!

tyler

Postby tyler » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:22 pm

yea i saw alot of does and small bucks all week. i did see a nice 10 pt but he was out about 200 yards.

MoDeer

Postby MoDeer » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:08 pm

Well I made it back from my trip to Okla. empty handed this year . But it was my fault I missed the biggest deer of my life . I had seen the buck while I was there last year at 300 yards . This year I had him at 45 yards and missed . With any luck he will still be their next year . He is a 180s with a big drop tine . 
  Still had a great time and seen lots of deer and hogs .
Johnny

If I cant make a good shot please let me have a clean miss

Return to Oklahoma