Why did you join the D&DH forums?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
howhill1

RE: Why did you join the D&DH forums?

Postby howhill1 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:51 pm

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

Because it's a lot cheaper, healthier, safer, and easier on the marraige than going to a bar to talk and hang out with like-minded individuals!

(Not to mention no fistfights.........[:D] )

yea ...what he said......[:D]

i happened onto the old boards after seeing the url in the mag. found a great place with great people who want to talk deer 24/7 365, been here ever since.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:44 pm

Always liked the magazine and just happened to stop by and noticed there was a forum!

One of the best forums i frequent for actual info instead of just arguments and childish behavior found on a lot of other sites. I'd say we have a pretty classy(at least decent[:D]) bunch of guys here.  
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

passin through

Postby passin through » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:17 pm

I joined the new boards to have a stress reliever while I'm in the office.  I can talk hunting, tell stories, and debate issues while working.  Its kinda like having the campfire here all year long[:D]  I joined the old forums after the mag put out a article about dogs in the deer woods that I thought was kind of biased (or at least the thread in relation to the article seemed that way)  anyways I wanted to put in my two cents and kind of got hooked from there.  I posted randomly until that deer season then didn't post for awhile and when I came back --- Presto! new board!  I have really enjoyed learning deer hunting perspectives from around the country.  I have picked up a few things that I hope make me a better hunter and I hope I have shared a few things that might have made someone else a better hunter ( if nothing else learning from my mistakes)

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:12 pm

I simply have no other friends so I had to settle for you guys...Thanks! I'll give everyone a hug at virtual deer camp!  [:D]
QDM!

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:21 pm

Ya know I can't remember the exact reason I decided to register, but I'm glad i did. I do enjoy the magazine and that got me on the website. It is fun and relaxing to talk to everyone and to be part of a community that has the same interests. I have'nt been hunting but a few years and I am learning things I want & need to know. Not only about hunting but myself as well.
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:08 am

I liked the mag and thought it would be a great place to meet new people and swap idea's. Mostly to learn and get my Deer therapy at work while working on the computer. This was the first forum I ever been on.

I'm thankfull its here

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:31 am

I joined the forums to learn more. I love the Mag, but sometimes after reading the Mag Ill have a few questions. I also like hearing everyone's stories and learning as much as possible.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:52 am

ORIGINAL: reeper0697

I did it for the ladies[:D]

reeper, Who you callin' a lady?[:D]

buckhunter21, I've seen your Facebook site and you're right.  You don't have any other friends![:D]

DeerCamp, you're just using us to win your big buck contests.  heehee[;)]

Another reason I join is it gives me something to really look forward to everyday during my lunch hour.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:29 am

I joined for the knowledge, insight, and commradarie..oh and because I enjoy the "Whose on first" routine between JPH and Woods Walker [:D]

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:45 am

ORIGINAL: DeanoZ

I joined for the knowledge, insight, and commradarie..oh and because I enjoy the "Whose on first" routine between JPH and Woods Walker [:D]

Tank yew, tank yew......we'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip the waitress....

Catch our act next week at the Sahara!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions