COLD FEET!!

JOEL

RE: COLD FEET!!

Postby JOEL » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:15 pm

ditch the cotton and use a nylon or silk inner sock.i dont like the wool directly,its itchy.the floorpads on the stand is a good idea and will work.when i worked at a bench we would stand on thin skids to allow for some flex and to keep off the cold concrete floor
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Xplorer

Postby Xplorer » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:52 am

I used old rear floor mats from my car that I used plastic ties to hold on my stand. Helped keeping the noise down also & mud didn't fall thru the cracks when the boots dried out. All around a good idea.

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:51 pm

My feet always sweat and get cold as well. I thought about the boot blankets but then I thought about getting a cheap sleeping bag at walmart. I may try the idea of wearing different things in then switch to my boots, my feet always sweat on the ride over ( even with no heat on) and while walking to the stand.
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:06 pm

First day of gun this year my feet were froze within an hour. I could'nt stand it and there was no way i was going to be able to sit with cold feet. I'm a wuss. So, my quick fix ... I found 2 stocking caps, took them to stand with me and put them over my boots then shoved hand warmers inside. Ahhhh, warm feet[:)]. I think I will be getting some boot blankets for next year!
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Goose

Postby Goose » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:47 am

DoeEyed, have you ever tried the toe warmers? They are just like the hand warmers but are thinner and have an adhesive on them to stick to your socks. Got em at fleet farm and they work great. My wife used them opening weekend and said her toes were nice and toasty. (okay I used them too)[:)]
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:51 am

Mr B. bought them for me a few years ago and what a hunt saver...I hook them to my harness and carry them to the stand....bush the snow off my boots and slide them on and zip them up..I have 1200 gram  boots but if I have a long trek...well those are heavy...so I wear my 6oo gram and take the boot blankets..

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:07 am

Goose, never tried the toe warmers. May have to. I had a big box of hand warmers from Sam's club so that's what I used. And although it does'nt make any sense, I know, I got it in my head that the toe warmers might be too hot and burn my toes. Hand warmers are'nt too hot on my bare hands, duh[:)]
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:12 am

My friend has an enclosed stand with a heater in it. When he gets out to his stand he takes his boots off and puts the boot blankets on. Just like big slippers. lol [:D]

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:29 am

I just ware extra socks, and throw in one of those heat warmers that are 99 cents, and my feet stay warm all day.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

PreviousNext

Return to Clothing