WILDVIEW CAM., NO CUST., SERVICE

shadow

WILDVIEW CAM., NO CUST., SERVICE

Postby shadow » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:44 pm

I've got 2-Wildview trailcams, one is an IR unit and the other flash. You may have read in my other post that they do not take pictures at all when its dark.
I called customer sevice, if you want to call it that, and the best they could do was to tell me to take out the batteries and sd card and after 15 minutes it would reset. And if that didn't work I then could send them back the 2 camera's along with 79.00 for the IR unit and 39.00 for the flash unit they then could replace them with new ones!
Well, resetting didn't work, the pictures are still all black at night, the flash does not fire, and the IR unit seems to only provide a picture that they say is overexposed, its completely white. The warranty for a repalcement or repair at no charge on these camera's they also said is only a pitifull 90 days. (My Moultrie which I bought almost a month ago has a warranty of 1 year).

Now besides throwing the Wildviews in the trash which I feel like doing but can't because they do take great daytime pics what can I do with them?  How can I get them repaired or replaced by Wildview?  What do you suggest?  Wildview does not seem to want to know anything more about these without sending them money. 
I told them I could buy their "bubba cam" new for 40.00 without giving up my othera cameras. They didn't seem to care.

So are ALL WILDVIEW TRAILCAMS DISPOSABLE?  Is that the intentions of the company, throw out and replace?

As far as leaving them out only for daytime pictures, I wouldn't like that ,I don't want to possibly miss a buck or doe at night.

Jdbllung

RE: WILDVIEW CAM., NO CUST., SERVICE

Postby Jdbllung » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:11 pm

shadow,  I have the same problem, my buddy has cuddebacks and they rock compared to these wildviews.  I don't have the cash to upgrade yet, but asap I will be.  The wildviews are nothing but a pain in the butt to me.
Happiness is a good blood trail! Jeremy W.

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:38 pm

i have no suggestions. sometimes you have to just cut your losses and move on. im not saying give up on trying to get them fixed, but you have tried, you may not get anywhere else with it. but good luck, i do hope you figure something out. it really stinks to spend your hard earned money on something only to find out you wasted it.

i bought 4 of those garbage wildviews. i bought one, it worked OK for a couple months, then it started taking all white pictures. looked like someone was shining a flashlight into the lens when the camera went off. i thought maybe that one just was bad. over the following few months i bought 3 more, one of which was an IR model. same thing happened to those within just a few weeks. ive concluded they are garbage and wont buy any more, and i now also tell everyone i talk to not to buy them. we should just start to spread the word to boycott wildview, i know other guys have had the same problems with them.
i love my moultrie cameras, have two of those. they have worked flawlessly for 2 years now, and i bought the cheaper 100 dollar models, the D40 i believe is the model. but they are great, i will keep buying those. at least until i can afford a cuddeback.

Jdbllung

Postby Jdbllung » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:32 pm

I agree with ya vipermann, the cudde's are a bit pricey, do your moultries have the solar panel port on them?
Happiness is a good blood trail! Jeremy W.

coach

Postby coach » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:38 am

Tell me about it.  I called this morning.....1888-304-6125.  Wildview # in Texas.
I bought my dad a Wildview last year.  Its not working half the time. No flash...too dard...too bright ect.   I sent it in Mid December, cost me 13.50 $ for shipping.  They said ship it and will send you a new one.  No call yet its been a month and a half.

Now I called this morning, their system is down...they told me to call back in two hours.  I called 4 hours later....now they said call back in half hour.   Ok Its been 1 hour.  Let me call and see what they say.  be back soon
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

coach

Postby coach » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:44 am

System are running....whoo hoo  !!!

I spoke to a nice lady, very professional, very helpful.  I was impressed.  Sounded cute too ! [;)]
She told me that they received my camera and they already shipped out a new one by UPS.
She also gave me a 18 digit tracking #. (longer than a vehicle VIN # [:D])

Hopefully the one I had was a just a lemon and new one will be good.

I'll let you know when I get it.

CHOW POW
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

fasteddie

Postby fasteddie » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:44 am

I have only had to deal with WildView once and had good luck and they took care of the problem .

The problem I have had with their cameras are :
1) The older ones that use AAA batteries eat them up too fast
2) I had ants get inside one of the cameras and had a heck of a time getting rid of them
Semper Fi !

twotone3

Postby twotone3 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:01 am

I use three Wildview cameras and they all work wonderfully.  They are all the cheapest version of the digital type.  I did have a problem of the flash going out on the one so I just opened up the camera to find that a ground wire had broken free.  It took five minutes of my time and a little bit of soder to fix the problem.  I haven't had a problem with it since.[:)]  This caused me to take the others apart to check thier wiring and noticed they weren't together the best so I just added a little soder to each and closed them back up.  Couldn't be happier with each $35 investment.[:D]

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:40 am

ORIGINAL: Jdbllung

I agree with ya vipermann, the cudde's are a bit pricey, do your moultries have the solar panel port on them?

I dont see any port that looks like it would hook up to a solar panel. the case that encloses the actual camera has no ports or holes in it, and the camera itself doesnt seem to have anything like that. i do like that idea though, i may look for that in the future when i buy cameras.

shadow

Postby shadow » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:25 pm

So I guess I got my answer, for the most part these camera's are disposable.

Obviously some will work without a problem but for the most part they will end up needing repair soon after purchase. (Theyr'e good for 90 days then take 'em down and send 'em in... we won't charge you much ..just more than you payed for the things!)

I will be going the route twotone has taken and disassemble them to see if I notice anything loose or broken. But before that I will be calling them once more to speak with them to see why the company they operate can't stand by a warranty of products that are only about 6 months old.
What a waste of money. I can also say I will not be buying their products again.

We need to start a support group.... hello, I'm shadow, i could swear to you I got this picture of a 12 point 210" buck on this Wildview but the thing just took a photo of this white glare... if you look real close you can see his tines, or is that some branches.

Next

Return to Scouting Cameras