WILDVIEW CAM., NO CUST., SERVICE

shadow

RE: WILDVIEW CAM., NO CUST., SERVICE

Postby shadow » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:38 pm

Here's a few of my favorites Wildview Trail Cam photo's.
And believe me I've got many, many more.

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:17 pm

those are actually really good pictures, much better than the ones i get with my wildviews. i would like to know what is happening when the camera gets that bright light look, like the one you have. thats how all mine were, but worse. you can at least make out a couple branches, maybe a feeder in that one of yours? mine are just complete glare/white light looking pictures.

bigwisconsinbucks

Postby bigwisconsinbucks » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:16 pm

Boy those pictures sure look similar to mine. Hmm. I wonder why. Maybe because the Wildview cameras are terrible. I have had 5, count them 5 Wildviews. Xtreme 2-Xtreme 4 and the flash has went out of all of them. They work for maybe a month or two and then junk. Also, the battery life sucks and the trigger speed is super slow. Additionally, don't put the camera out if it's going to be under 25 degrees. It won't work.

I never had any problems with the customer service. I always just had to send in the camera and they sent me a new one back free of charge. I have since smartened up and purchased a D-40. I should be receiving it this week and will put it out to test it.
Kyle

coach

Postby coach » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:27 am

Yep.....looks just like mine.....also....
but the ones that came out were clear.  maybe 10 out of 50.

Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

shadow

Postby shadow » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:47 am

viperman, I believe I posted the best of these nighttime wildview pictures. And yes you do see a feeder in the one thats whited out. Wildview told me that this is caused by an overexposed picture. I will contact them again to find out more.

bwb... It sounds like you got some pull over at Wildview... they like you. No charge to turn in the camera's for a new one. I'll send you mine to do for me whadya'say?[:D]
that is a great picture of the racoon coach, my daughters love it!

coach

Postby coach » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:33 pm

Thanks shadow,

If you know of anyone with problem with Wildview, tell them to call customer service.
Explain what is happening with your camera.  That's what I did.  I called....explained that
the flash don't work half the time....battery dies quick, and it takes too bright pictures. 
No threats....no upset....and their the one who told me to send back for a new one.
I told them that I didnt' have a receipt.  They said no problem.

Your right.....someone must like me....or she loved the sound of my voice.  [;)]       [:D]
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

bigwisconsinbucks

Postby bigwisconsinbucks » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:43 pm

Lol I think I'll pass Shadow. The last time I called and received my latest camera was the last time I can do it. They told me it had been over the year warranty or something so it was the last time they would send me one; it had actually been 2 years, but hey I'm not complaining. So hopefully my newest Wildview will work in the summer at least. I put it out a few weeks ago and it took 1 picture in a week of the back end of a deer.

Like I said earlier I purchased a D-40 so I'm expecting a lot more out of that camera.
Kyle

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:44 pm

Yeah I agree that Wildviews are crap but if you call customer service they should send you a new one.  I had one that was sent to me in December and didn't put it out until March because it was to cold only to find out it didn't work and called customer service and was told it was past 90 day's to do anything about it.  I called back again with a more aggressive voice and got a new one and that one has worked fine since.  The pics are ok and the flash hasn't gone out yet which im suprised but I have since switched to a cuddeback. 

shadow

Postby shadow » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:34 am

WOW! I can't believe it.  I called Wildview again today and tell them the story, camera doesn't flash at all at night and the IR unit only produces white night pictures. I also told them I reset the camera's and that they still won't work.  
Is it that they don't like us "yankees" or what? Because the woman who I spoke with who is the same woman as before and according to her, the only one that handles these related calls still will not exchange these camera's out!  She will exchange them but I will need to pay the 79.00 fee of a new camera (just the IR unit, I didn't get to talk to her much about the flash unit) AND I will still need to send my old one back.
What is going on?
I told her one was bought at a Cabela's store and the other from a Walmart and she now also INSISTS that I provide PROOF of my camera purchases. I indicated no receipt was kept and was told NOTHING can be done by Wildview without it.
I then asked to speak with the technical supervisor about this and was told I can speak to her boss but according to her, he also will not be able to help me without proof of purchase.

I must tell anyone that is reading this NEVER to buy a Wildview camera unless they can offer to EVERYONE a better product AND a more consistent replacement or exchange.

Please forum readers it is not worth the hassle, sure some of you may be lucky now,  I was a lucky one with these camera's too!  But not any more. They BOTH broke. If you decide to buy one after reading not just my post but others concerning these camera's... the time will come when the junk they sell you breaks and you want it repalced or fixed and they then won't be able to help you. Trash trime.

I believe Wildview also knows they sell disposable camera's, and markets them as such...come-on, a brand new "Buba-cam" for 40.00. Do they expect these things to work past 6-months probably not. What junk!

Personally I think they don't like us Yankee's up here in the Northeast. Either that or they think that us boys in Conn., are rich and could afford the extra cash to make the exchange.
I can assure you I don't live on the Gold coast of Ct., near Ron Howard or Martha Stewart.

Well, I'm still waiting for the boss from Wildview to call me back, its now only been almost 6 hours. I'm gonna go and call them.  

twotone3

Postby twotone3 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:59 am

Well if all of you hate your Wildview cameras that bad you are more than welcome to send them to me.  I don't see why you all are complaining about them breaking.  What did you expect when you buy the cheapest camera on the market?  It's kind of like buying Sam's cola and expecting to get Coke, it just isn't gonna happen.  You get what you pay for.  My cameras have lasted over a year which makes them worth what I paid for them.  I don't care if they all break tomorrow.  Yes I will be upset but I'm not gonna complain to a company that has a 90 day warranty and my camera broke after 120 days.  If you didn't want to get screwed you should have saved a couple extra dollars and bought a better camera to begin with.  My mom raised me on the saying "You get what you pay for".

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting Cameras