What do y'all think?

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Sailfish

What do y'all think?

Postby Sailfish » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:33 am

This looks like a sign of great things to come for DDH forum!!!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Nubs

RE: What do y'all think?

Postby Nubs » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 am

This is excellent! There are lots of things I would love to discuss with other hunters that are perhaps not hunting related. Now we can without people jumping down our throats about topics not being hunting related. Sweet!

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:46 am

ORIGINAL: Nubs

This is excellent! There are lots of things I would love to discuss with other hunters that are perhaps not hunting related. Now we can without people jumping down our throats about topics not being hunting related. Sweet!

Things like politics, religion, and sports? Yeah! This give me the place (besides the Pennsylvania forum) to congratulate the mighty Steelers!

Actually, I'd hate to see the D&DH forums go too far astray from deer, but a place to talk about other critters, and about hunting rights, gun rights, and related political stuff would be good.

Steve

passin through

Postby passin through » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:01 pm

I like it! 

Personally I'd really rather keep religion and politics out of it though.  Sports are cool with me as long as LSU does better next year than they did this year!

JPH

Postby JPH » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:49 pm

I think it's great IF what goes on here, stays here!

In other words, do not let the things we discuss (ie. disagree about) on this board seep into our other conversations.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:26 pm

Egad! No matter where I go I cannot get away from the SEC.

LOL

I would think most of us are mature enough not to let our personal feelings leech out into the deer forums.

There will be some occasions where it will happen, generally those people end up taking care of themselves.

Hopefully we can make this forum more of an opportunity than a hindrance.

Did I mention I loathe the SEC?

ORIGINAL: passin through 

Personally I'd really rather keep religion and politics out of it though.  Sports are cool with me as long as LSU does better next year than they did this year!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:41 pm

As long as you're a right wing, born again Christian you're ok with me.[:D]

Just messin' with ya.  Nice to have the off topic section open for business.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Jdbllung

Postby Jdbllung » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:02 pm

Let's get this started right.  Tastes great or less filling? LOL  I see some interesting conversations coming from this board.
Happiness is a good blood trail! Jeremy W.

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:04 pm

ORIGINAL: JPH

I think it's great IF what goes on here, stays here!

In other words, do not let the things we discuss (ie. disagree about) on this board seep into our other conversations.

That's right. We may go off on tangents, but anything that overshadows the primary purpose of this forum -- discussing deer and deer hunting -- will be destructive to the forum.

The biggest problem every message board faces is that sometimes people are tempted to hide behind a screen name. In every discussion, no matter what the topic, we need to treat other points of view with respect. Sometimes we have to make an extra effort to do that, but it's worth it. Sometimes it's hard because we don't always say exactly what we mean, and we don't have the benefit of tone-of-voice, inflection, hand jestures and other non-verbal communication techniques. We lose something valuable when discussions devolve into name-calling and hard feelings. We can't afford to let that happen.

Steve

passin through

Postby passin through » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:53 am

ORIGINAL: Sailfish

Egad! No matter where I go I cannot get away from the SEC.

LOL

Actually sports might not be ok then.....LOL
In reality though I am not a football fan at all, but married into a Razorback Family so I had to start following LSU a little bit or they would have me hollerin'  "Sooeeee Pig"  [:'(]  My LSU fan status is just a matter of self defense.  I mean I know nothing!  I always have to ask how we are even doing and usually I'm skinning or tracking a deer whenever they play.
I couldn't even tell you who the coach is in Baton Rouge.  I just know we didn't do quite as well this year as last[;)].  Which is OK too.  The day after Thanksgiving 2009 though......Geaux Tigers!  Its Pig Roast Time in Death Valley.[:D] 

Next

Return to Off Topic