blaze orange on blinds

Compare notes about local and regional legal issues!
69Viking

RE: blaze orange on blinds

Postby 69Viking » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:01 am

I personally wouldn't feel safe sitting in a ground blind on Public land that didn't have blaze orange on it.  The deer don't see colors like us, what they see most is movement.  A blind no matter what color it has on it prevents them from seeing your movement.  Besides, blaze orange camouflage blends in pretty well to the autumn leaves, not surprising since a lot of them are shades of orange.  Athough, if it's voluntary then natural selection will takes it's course in due time LOL! 

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:02 pm

Using blaze orange is like having good health insurance.
Yea, you could get by without it right up to when something bad happens, then you'll wish you had it.

John1961

Postby John1961 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:46 pm

I have been wearing orange from the first day I started hunting deer or other critters. I also pet several pieces of orange tape on my ladder stand as well as my ground blind. I want people to know where I am. I keep my orange on from the time I get out of my truck untill I get back in. MsB I dont like stories of legal hunters damn near being shot because folks dont know the difference between orange and brown fur. Glad nothing happened. Folks like that probley look down the borrow to see if a firearm is loaded.    John
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:45 pm

Just make sure that your blaze orange is not SHINEY, and also is fastened to the blind/stand in such a way that it doesn't move, and you shouldn't have any trouble at all.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:52 pm

I think it is a good idea. With undulating hills, and ravines, and what not, it is can be very difficult to determine if  another hunter is in your line of fire.

The hunter across the way from me has a blind and he has an orange jacket nailed to his blind.
It flaps all kind of  crazy  in the wind. He has no porblem getting deer. I would think a nive blaze orange camo pattern all over a blind would not affect the taking of a deer.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

timm151

Postby timm151 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:34 am

I teach Hunter Ed and we tell our students that even though it is not not mandatory here in Missouri that they should put some sort of orange on their ground blind, or next to it wrapped around a tree. I personnaly carry a cheap Hunter Orange vest to wrap around a Tree. It has helped my find my blind on some early mornings. Even Orange Flagging tape is better than nothing.

When we take youth out on Mentored hunts, we make them and their chaperon where Orange to the field and back when it is not mandatory IE Turkey Season. We make sure there is Orange someplace in the immediate facility of the Blind. If they harvest a Turkey, we make them wrap the turkey in Orange before taking it out of the field.

Most of these blinds are made my Ameristep and if you go to their web site they offer either Blaze Orange, Camo Orange or White Rain caps for most of their pop up blinds.

Previous

Return to Regulatory issues