Trail Cams

Tracks, Rubs, Scrapes, Trails, Etc.
kribbz

RE: trail cams

Postby kribbz » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:42 pm

I do.  however I find myself checking it ALOT more frequently the closer it gets to deer season

whitetailtime

Postby whitetailtime » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:05 pm

I just purchased mine in October. I will leave mine out all year. What can it hurt. Plus I have yet to replace the batteries. I get excited everytime I change the memory cards to view the new pictures.

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:07 pm

I take my down during the season usually for fear of them being stolen.  I've been thinking about putting them back out, but for coyotes instead.  They run this farm road frequently I just want to see what time they travel this section of ground.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:22 pm

I planned on leaving mine out all year, idk what happened but it totally freaked out during some point in the first week i put it out and i called the company and they are sending me my money back, ill prob get a new one soon, a moultrie im thinking, but i prob wont keep mine out in the winter months, i think the rather cold temps we have been having had something to do with it, my buddy has the same one, (Timbereye 5.0) but his was fine, so maybe it was just something wrong from the factory, but either way i'll be buying something new here sometime soon.  But like i said i dont think i will keep it out all year, spring-the end of november will prob be when mine are out just to be safe.

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:38 pm

I have in the past, didnt this year just for the fact i dont have time to check them.

actually didnt even use mine much during season this last year.

I was doing a semi-experiment as to whether they effected deer movement. the verdict is still out i guess.
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

coach

Postby coach » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:37 am

Its too cold for me to leave it all year.   And the drive is too far.  I would have to drive 1.5 hours.
Lately its not cold, but usually -20, batteries won't last as long.

Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

b phat

Postby b phat » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:03 am

I got my for the first time last may of 08.I took it out just this past month I think I will put it back in the timber come first part of june I got some cool pic of deer in velet.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:10 am

Just changed batteries and locations yesterday...I'll be leaving it out all year and changing postions every 2-3 weeks...got alot of area to cover.

Eight_Oak_Acres

Postby Eight_Oak_Acres » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:32 am

I leave mine out almost all year. ...I really have to force myself not to go check it all the time. I usually pull the cards every month or two this time of year...and depending on what is on it, I decide whether to keep it there or move it. Once season gets closer...I check them more frequently...and then once season starts I pull them for a while.

I like using them this time of year to gauge when the bucks are droppin' their antlers. Obviously, a lot are still holding on to them still.

-Eric

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:37 am

In the past I haven't left them out all year but I plan to this year.  It gives me a chance to check areas I didn't get to check during the season. 

Next

Return to All About Deer Sign