Why did you join the D&DH forums?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
AfterShock95

RE: Why did you join the D&DH forums?

Postby AfterShock95 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:23 am

I joined because I like to hunt deer not let me say that again its just not about the hunt its about every thing that goes with it before the season after season what I'm going to do next year were will I hang my stands. the woods are like my girlfriend that my wife doesn't mid me going to see and when I can't hunt I love to talk about hunting and not haveing anyone around that like to hear my ramblings about the deer I seen that was just out of bow range or haveing a doe walk 10 yards from me and not even know I was there no I have a place to tell my stories and read other stories from people that have the same addiction I have. Hello my name is Adam and I'm addicted to Deer Hunting thanks to everyone for there support

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:11 pm

I joined because my cousin wouldn't stop telling me how great it was and that I would learn so much about deer hunting.  Well I have learned so much that I'm glad I joined and have made new friends and am able to share my obsession with hunting with fellow hunters.

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:04 pm

I've been a subscriber to the mag for several years and about probably 3 maybe 4 years ago I was looking at the old forum when I came across some threads by JPH, RAY SMITH and HUNTER480 that I couldn't resist, I had jump in and put in my 2 cents.  Been hooked ever since.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Goose

Postby Goose » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:07 pm

ORIGINAL: OHhunter

I've been a subscriber to the mag for several years and about probably 3 maybe 4 years ago I was looking at the old forum when I came across some threads by JPH, RAY SMITH and HUNTER480 that I couldn't resist, I had jump in and put in my 2 cents.  Been hooked ever since.

I remember some of those threads, read them on my cell phone because I did not have pc at the time.
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:13 pm

If I remember correctly there were a lot of heated discussions about antler restrictions, doe harvest and CWD.  I forgot to mention  Old Buck he was also in on a lot of the on going debates.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:58 am

I like reading questions & answers from other people that hunt in the real world like I do. People that hunt unpressured deer, with a P&Y buck per every ten acres they hunt, can't relate with the common hunter.(in most cases)
Dave M.

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:07 am

ORIGINAL: Bowtechian

I like reading questions & answers from other people that hunt in the real world like I do. People that hunt unpressured deer, with a P&Y buck per every ten acres they hunt, can't relate with the common hunter.(in most cases)

Those two words "real world" say a lot. As much as I appreciate the expert views that are published in D&DH, the everyday hunters who put it all into practice in the real world can teach a lot, too.

Steve

burnnurse1

Postby burnnurse1 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:27 am

Obviously the information was a big draw to the forum. But I really enjoy seeing how hunters from different parts of the country go about pursuing whitetails. It is really cool to sit and "Chat" with others who share the same passion....err..obsession that you do. Just confirms to my wife that there are other people out there who are as crazy as I am.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:32 pm

ORIGINAL: burnnurse1

there are other people out there who are as crazy as I am.

May they never find a cure for what we have!
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

donna

Postby donna » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:53 am

I joined because I get the D and DH newsletter in my email and one day saw a link to the forum and the hot topic of the day was "Is hunting ethical"
Even though I am not a hunter, but am contemplating trying it just once, I could not resist sharing my beliefs about deer hunting after reading all the crap CCT was spouting!
I just continued reading all the other stuff that looked interesting!

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions