Any Race Fans

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
OHhunter

Any Race Fans

Postby OHhunter » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:15 pm

Just finished watching the bud shootout, any other race fans here?
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

PrairieShadow

RE: Any Race Fans

Postby PrairieShadow » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:18 pm

personally i cant stand watching it on tv.

I think i would enjoy actually seeing a race though as ive always been a horsepower freak. Used to own a '74 nova and a '69 fastback mustang but got rid of both of them cause i could afford the tickets that seemed to follow those to cars.
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:26 pm

My dad has a 69 vette with a 427 I know what you mean.  It's funny how tickets seem to follow certian cars.
Brad

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:17 pm

Yeah im a pretty big fan, not as big as i used to be, but i still try to watch it every week if i can, i trailed off in the off season, but im excited for this upcoming week. Me and my dad used to go to both Michigan races every year until the household ran into some financial trouble, it was a lot of fun.

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:26 pm

Same here I'm not as into it as I used to be, but I still watch it every week (when I can)  and play fantasy racing.  When they went to the Car of tommorrow I lost interest.  Ford, Chevy that's what made it interesting, if an earnhardt didn't win then I rooted for anyone else driving  a chevy.  Now they're all the same, the decals are the only difference.
Brad

Bowtechian

Postby Bowtechian » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:22 am

I'm a fan of Junior. My wife & I use to go to one race a year until the kids came along. We've been to Vegas, Richmond, & Dover. Being at the track is much better than watching it on TV, but I still watch as many as possible.
Dave M.

jdsbuckfever

Postby jdsbuckfever » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:20 am

i am a better big race fan. l like jr. fan. my youngest boy loves to watch it with me.

2tonyb

Postby 2tonyb » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:21 pm

I went to my first NASCAR race last year in New Hampshire.  My in-laws have been coming up and staying at my house for the last ten years to go to the Brickyard, but I've never been.  So, I guess I'm not too big of a fan, but last year at NH was fun.

hilltop

Postby hilltop » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:31 am

I am not a big fan but I do like the restrictor plate races.

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:55 am

I'm a big fan!  Living in NW Florida we have several tracks within driving distance.  I've been going to both Talladega Races for about 5 years now.  Looking forward to the Daytona 500 on Sunday, go #24!  Let the dogging begin all you Gordon haters!  Just for the record remember Gordon and Jr. are teammates now!  Whatever happens this year I just don't want to see Jimmy Johnson win again.  I'll be just as happy if Gordon wins another title or if Jr. gets his first, he deserves it! 

Next

Return to Off Topic