Any Race Fans

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
OHhunter

RE: Any Race Fans

Postby OHhunter » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:06 am

If Dale Jr. isn't in contention I might pull for Gordon.  I agree though I'm tired of seeing Johnson win, him Knauss are pretty tough.  I'm interested to see how old Mark Martin does in a full season, he might be a contender in the end.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:33 am

I don't want Johnson to win again either lol, but how many times are we gonna see someone win 4 in a row? Its never been done and that would be pretty wild! I'm a junior fan, i used to despise Gordon but now hes cool with me lol, Martin in the 5 will be interesting to watch this year, Pulling for JR. Martin come sunday and, well, anything with a bow tie on it ;) That's awesome your going to the 500 Viking i went once, it was they year Gordon, Labonte and Craven went 1 2 3, i want to say Earnhardt flipped that year? (I was young) If he didnt flip he wreaked pretty bad but still made it back out there to finish gotta respect that man. I miss him.

69Viking

Postby 69Viking » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:52 am

I have to clear up that I'm not actually going to the Daytona 500, it's still deer (muzzleloader) season in NW Florida!  I'll be hunting in the morning and then watching the race from a friend's house in the afternoon!  I was just saying how I was looking forward to the start of the season with the Daytona 500, not that I'm actually going.  I have been to the Pepsi 400 at Daytona a couple of times over the 4th of July weekend, that's pretty awesome!  One of these days I will make it to the Daytona 500 though, just not this year.  I'm glad to see there's some race fans here, we'll have something to talk about during the non-hunting portion of the year to help us get through the suffering!

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:12 am

love it watch the trucks,the buch er nationwide cars,arca,of course sprintcup,dirtbikes drag racing funny cars .i go to a few races every year the last year i didnt though due to money woes.im on the speed channel all the time
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:35 pm

i was a huge fan for years until this day in 2001. i tried to watch after that but it was never quite the same. then came the loss of winston cup, the rule changes, all the races and tracks started changing names to appease the highest bidder. it wasnt about racin cars any more. then the final straw when they let toyota in. i miss the races but dont see what i used to enjoy so much anymore.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:06 pm

I am a #99 Carl Edwards fan.  I have been trying to get some work at the Kansas Speedway. Two meetings so far but I am not sure if I will get the contract. It would be pretty cool to get it. The first event is in April so I should find out within the next couple of weeks.

Previous

Return to Off Topic