Can you purchase Doe tags online?

BlountArrow

Can you purchase Doe tags online?

Postby BlountArrow » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:00 pm

I'm new to the PA hunting scene and didn't get around to buying a Doe tag - stupid me. Anyways is it possible to purchase one online and if so how do you do it?? Would appreciate detailed instructions. If it is NOT possible to purchase them online if I mailed it in do you think I would get my Doe tag back within the next 4 weeks?
Many Thanks.
JP
"Let the Lil' guys walk..."

kighty7

RE: Can you purchase Doe tags online?

Postby kighty7 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:32 am

Blountarrow,
The first thing you might want to do is check out the PA Game Commission website

www.pgc.state.pa.us

You need to look at where you live and see if your management unit has any antlerless tags left. There are only a few areas that have tags left and they are around Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. That is what you need to do first.

As for buying them online, I do not believe you can get any online at all. I could be wrong but I did not read anywhere in the handguide about purchasing tags online. Hope all works out for you.
Mathews Drenalin
Trophy Ridge 5 pin site
Rage 2 Blade
Left Handed Freak

BlountArrow

Postby BlountArrow » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:53 am

I think my father-in-law said there were still like 8,000 Doe tags left for his county.  I think he's putting all the necessaries in the mail today...I just wonder if I'll get the tag within the next 4 weeks.  I'm hunting the whole first week of November, but would like to be able to hunt opening gun hunt....and, Good Lord willing, I kill a nice buck 1st week of November I wouldnt be able to hunt the gun hunt legally.  Hope the tag arrives in time for the gun hunt.
Thanks for the info,
JP
"Let the Lil' guys walk..."

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:31 am

Antlerless tags are still issued by the county treasurers, although the allocations are for WMUs and not on a county-by-county basis. You can purchase an antlerless tag for any WMU in the state from any county treasurer, but you can't do it online. I sent my first application (for a tag in 2F) to the Warren County treasurer, who tends (it seems to me) to send them all out at once a week or two before the archery season opens. Some treasurers send them out as they process them, and I suspect they all have to do that once the season is open. I also sent a second-round application for a 2A tag to the Warren County treasurer, even though 2A isn't anywhere near Warren County, and got it right away.

At this date, antlerless tags are still left in only two WMUs: 2A (southwestern area with 8228), 2B (Pittsburgh area with 25754), 5C (Philadelphia suburbs with 8606), and 5D (Philadelphia area with 4077). You can check the status in real time at: https://www2.pa.wildlifelicense.com/deeravail.php.  

My recommendation at this time is to find a place to hunt in one of these areas, and order your license from your nearest county treasurer. There are some good public hunting areas in 2A. I don't know much about the other areas. Sounds like your father-in-law is sending for tags in 2A, and they should come through OK. It's also possible to check online to see if you have been awarded a tag, so try that in a week or so at: https://www2.pa.wildlifelicense.com/start.php. (You'll have to know your back tag number.)

Good luck.
Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:37 pm

You should be able to purchase one over the counter at any treasurers office, if not now, then soon provided any are available for the WMU you want. I wouldn't order them by mail this late, I'd buy them directly from the treasurers office.

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:42 pm

Good point. I had forgotten that there's a date on which you can begin buying them over the counter.
Thanks.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Return to Pennsylvania