Advice Needed (Warning: Gross)

How can you become a better hunter? Find out here — and share your advice!
OHhunter

RE: Advice Needed (Warning: Gross)

Postby OHhunter » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:57 am

ORIGINAL: paulie

ORIGINAL: OHhunter

ORIGINAL: Patriot

What about flatulence while on stand?  Does that spook deer?

That's what scent lok is for. 
I got my first scent lok suit when I was in college, I ordered it from cabelas so naturally when it arrived I wasn't home.  When I got home it wasn't on the porch, no.  My roomates had taken it and were wearing it around the house farting in it, to see if they could still smell it. I don't remember the out come of the expirament but funny none the less.
        The short answer, NO! Scentlock pants do not, I repeat "DO NOT" prevent the release of stench of, camp chili, cabbage soup, or any other 'highly volatile' foods!! Trust me!!   

I may have found the answer, someone told me about these the other day.  I think they were trying to tell me something.  Check these out flatulence filtering underwear 

http://www.flat-d.com/flatdreusable.html

http://www.myshreddies.com/flatulence_filter_underwear_store_for_instant_flatulence_relief/
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:01 am

Maybe next someone could come up with a way to capture the gas one expels while on stand, and use it as a fuel for a blind heater! 

The only problem would be with someone who has SOOO much gas, that they create a risk of overheating!
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:46 am

The only problem would be with someone who has SOOO much gas, that they create a risk of overheating!

Or spontaneously combusting![:D]

My roomates had taken it and were wearing it around the house farting in it, to see if they could still smell it. I don't remember the out come of the expirament but funny none the less.   

LOL...ahh yes..takes me back to my ole college days and all the hijinks that went with it

I can't believe this thread is still going.....but thanks for the chuckle this morning fellas..I needed it![:D]

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:10 pm

I'm still waiting for coach to tell us more about "Toby".......[:D]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

coach

Postby coach » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:41 pm

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

I think its a french discusting smell, which can at some point, bring tears to any
fish in a fish tank or  make your satelite T.V. lose their reception.

Yes....Its that bad.  [:D]

Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:58 pm

I don't think I really want to know anymore than that coach! [:D]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

wack

Postby wack » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:49 am

I can certainly back up Shaman's discovery of baby wipes. Not all are bumm friendly and bumm friendly handy wipes are a must have for my hunting pack.

I remember as a teenager one day my dad raising heck in our downstairs bathroom and then ran out and up to the shower upstairs swearing the whole way. Ma followed him into the shower and then came back out, ran to the phone and got the doctor on the phone, wanting to know what to do when someone mistakes Ben Gay for Preperation H.  I think the Doc's advise was take the kids and run because he's going to be in a bad mood for awhile.

My father in law has property down in MO and I like his solution. He has an out house with a tree stand built on top of it. He says the deer get used to the out house smells year around and there's even a rifle hole in the outhouse door and one on each side. The whole thing is T shaped with the outhouse being the base. The upstairs is like a little enclosed apartment big enough to sleep in. He says when he get's too old to climb down the ladder to use the outhouse, he's going to build a toilet seat on a swivel for the upper deck. lol We've already kicked a few ideas on converting a lazy boy recliner on a swivel with a flip up cushion revealing a padded, heated, french warm water butt spraying toilet with warm air butt dryer. We've got a Coleman hot water on demand unit for the butt spraying part, and commercial hot air hand dryer but looking for a way to control the temperature better and keeping red hot elements from igniting any gases or getting wet. Hit the water and dryer at the same time could result in welding the bung hole shut so there's a few bugs to work out. Imagine the benefits. Get in your LazyBoy, kick back and sleep in comfort. Massage model in future plans, sit up, open the shooting windows, and your hunting. You can swivel over to the coffee maker, small fridge, and portable heater, the TV mounted on the ceiling has the remote built in to the chair. The fabric is waterproof breathable bacteria destroying, carbon lined camo fleece, soft and quiet as can be, and inflatable Sit Number cushions with remote control adjustments.....flip up the seat, drop your drawers, do your duty and never miss a shot opportunity. Washed dried and fresh as a daisy George Jetson style. We can wire motion detectors to the massage unit to wake you up when the deer arrive and have it automatically mute the TV. Once we develop our seat for the hunting blind, we move on to seats for the fishing pear, pontoon and fishing boats, for all us old outdoorsman who can't wander too far from the toilet.

Since others here have shared embarrassing experiences, here's my little funny story. Wife and I are rough camping on a large island of the southern Wisconsin river. THOUGHT we were alone, and camped at the very east end of the island where the sand beach turns to no beach and thick woods. At about midnight one evening I got that sick feeling, I grabbed the folding potty chair with the garbage bag, some bumm friendly wet ones and TP, .22 pistol, went outside, behind the tent up on the beach. Beautiful night, full moon, could see everything like it was day. I no more than sit down and explode and I hear a giggle to the west and here comes a couple out for a midnight strole! I'm sitting there and they walk right up and say hi , started a conversation asking about rattle snakes, coyote and poisonous spiders, and at some point one realized what I was doing sitting there. I think my pants around my ankles gave me away, or they saw the .22. They said good evening and rushed off to the east, not realizing that it was a dead end and they'd have to come back this way again. I knew they'd be right back, didn't matter, couldn't hold it anymore and couldn't stop if I tried. My wifes in the tent laughing her ass off and absolutly no help what so ever. I let one rip and they started jogging away. From a distance, in the moon light I hear "Nice meeting you, hope everything comes out all right." I replied "I Hope you enjoyed the full moon, watch out for the rattle snakes, coyote and jumping sand spiders."  Nothing like leaving a good first impression. eh?  
American by birth, hunter by choice.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:52 am

OMG!!!  That much drama, for a simple dump?

Just get a colostomy bag and be done with it!!! [:D]
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

wack

Postby wack » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:32 am

A colostomy bag is a little dramatic and not all dumps are simple [:@] but we could build a bag into your Lazy Boy if you wish......or, we've got a 6 hp shop vac we could rig up that has 2 hose sizes to choose from..[:-]...we're Tim the tool man when we need him?  What would McGiever do? Survivorman says test the leaves first.[:D] Test takes at least 20 minutes.[8|] What happens if the leaves don't pass the test?

OMG!!!! you want drama? Did you know that after you wake up from hemorrhoid surgery they wait till all the meds wear off and about the time you think the worst is over with, they send a big ugly nurse in to yank the softball sized tampax out!![:@] and when you've recovered enough to sign a paper they hand you prescription'S for pain killers and stool softeners, wish you luck and wheel you out the door? Drama? Like when pain killers make you constipated, rip out your stitches and cause weeks and months of more pain and lead to a 2nd and 3rd surgery? Meanwhile your dentist is yanking 26 teeth and grinding the jaw bone so you can't eat, cant sh!t and you loose 40 lbs. By time you get back to work, someone else is doing your job. Your told to clean out your locker and your former workmates had filled it up with Tampax. It was just a joke, they didn't know you were getting fired because of the time off. They're all laid off now too. How's that for drama?
American by birth, hunter by choice.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:50 am

ORIGINAL: wack

I can certainly back up Shaman's discovery of baby wipes. Not all are bumm friendly and bumm friendly handy wipes are a must have for my hunting pack.

I remember as a teenager one day my dad raising heck in our downstairs bathroom and then ran out and up to the shower upstairs swearing the whole way. Ma followed him into the shower and then came back out, ran to the phone and got the doctor on the phone, wanting to know what to do when someone mistakes Ben Gay for Preperation H.  I think the Doc's advise was take the kids and run because he's going to be in a bad mood for awhile.

My father in law has property down in MO and I like his solution. He has an out house with a tree stand built on top of it. He says the deer get used to the out house smells year around and there's even a rifle hole in the outhouse door and one on each side. The whole thing is T shaped with the outhouse being the base. The upstairs is like a little enclosed apartment big enough to sleep in. He says when he get's too old to climb down the ladder to use the outhouse, he's going to build a toilet seat on a swivel for the upper deck. lol We've already kicked a few ideas on converting a lazy boy recliner on a swivel with a flip up cushion revealing a padded, heated, french warm water butt spraying toilet with warm air butt dryer. We've got a Coleman hot water on demand unit for the butt spraying part, and commercial hot air hand dryer but looking for a way to control the temperature better and keeping red hot elements from igniting any gases or getting wet. Hit the water and dryer at the same time could result in welding the bung hole shut so there's a few bugs to work out. Imagine the benefits. Get in your LazyBoy, kick back and sleep in comfort. Massage model in future plans, sit up, open the shooting windows, and your hunting. You can swivel over to the coffee maker, small fridge, and portable heater, the TV mounted on the ceiling has the remote built in to the chair. The fabric is waterproof breathable bacteria destroying, carbon lined camo fleece, soft and quiet as can be, and inflatable Sit Number cushions with remote control adjustments.....flip up the seat, drop your drawers, do your duty and never miss a shot opportunity. Washed dried and fresh as a daisy George Jetson style. We can wire motion detectors to the massage unit to wake you up when the deer arrive and have it automatically mute the TV. Once we develop our seat for the hunting blind, we move on to seats for the fishing pear, pontoon and fishing boats, for all us old outdoorsman who can't wander too far from the toilet.

Since others here have shared embarrassing experiences, here's my little funny story. Wife and I are rough camping on a large island of the southern Wisconsin river. THOUGHT we were alone, and camped at the very east end of the island where the sand beach turns to no beach and thick woods. At about midnight one evening I got that sick feeling, I grabbed the folding potty chair with the garbage bag, some bumm friendly wet ones and TP, .22 pistol, went outside, behind the tent up on the beach. Beautiful night, full moon, could see everything like it was day. I no more than sit down and explode and I hear a giggle to the west and here comes a couple out for a midnight strole! I'm sitting there and they walk right up and say hi , started a conversation asking about rattle snakes, coyote and poisonous spiders, and at some point one realized what I was doing sitting there. I think my pants around my ankles gave me away, or they saw the .22. They said good evening and rushed off to the east, not realizing that it was a dead end and they'd have to come back this way again. I knew they'd be right back, didn't matter, couldn't hold it anymore and couldn't stop if I tried. My wifes in the tent laughing her ass off and absolutly no help what so ever. I let one rip and they started jogging away. From a distance, in the moon light I hear "Nice meeting you, hope everything comes out all right." I replied "I Hope you enjoyed the full moon, watch out for the rattle snakes, coyote and jumping sand spiders."  Nothing like leaving a good first impression. eh?  

Sounds like a red-neck hunting shack!!!!  LOL
QDM!

PreviousNext

Return to Best Practices