Could you say a little prayer

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
DoeEyed

RE: Could you say a little prayer

Postby DoeEyed » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:30 pm

Actually, they did not get her into surgery until this afternoon about 3:00pm. She is still in surgery as I type. My understanding is there are pockets of fluid around your brain and this fluid was not draining properly and was causing compression behind her eye. They found a blockage in one of these pockets and are putting in a shunt to help it drain naturally. So far things seem to be going well.

I just want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. This girl is very near and dear to my heart. Thank you![:)]
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:25 pm

on the way
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

passin through

Postby passin through » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:48 pm

Done
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:07 pm

I wish her the best. keep us updated[:)]
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

Woody

Postby Woody » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:19 pm

She is in my prayers.
When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 ft. closer to God.

Goose

Postby Goose » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:39 am

Prayer sent, wish her our best!
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:10 pm

Just saw the messages above.  I put a good word in for you.

Keep us posted.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:06 pm

They were having difficulty putting the stint in so they took her out of surgery about 9:30 Thurs evening. They kept her intubated and sedated in the ICU overnight. Friday morning they took some x-rays and got her back into surgery at 10:00am. This time the surgery went well. They put in a smaller stint and fluid started draining. They were done by 1:00pm. They woke her up around 5:00pm Friday evening and so far she's doing well.[:)] If anyone is curious this link explains her condition.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pseudotumor-cerebri/DS00851

All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:43 am

Great news DoeEyed....hope the recovery is fast and sorry you and yours had to go through such a scary time...May the rest of 2009 find you all Safe ...Healthy... and Happy.....

Badger

Previous

Return to Off Topic