Massive Rubs!

Tracks, Rubs, Scrapes, Trails, Etc.
DeanoZ

RE: Massive Rubs!

Postby DeanoZ » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:04 am

Demo and Reeper thanks for the feedback...yes I absolutely plan to hang a trail cam and my saddle in that location...difficulty will be in trying to find a way in while keeping the wind in my face and not jumping any deer...but I'll figure it out.[;)]

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:49 am

im with coach thats a signpost rub,they love the smell of that ceder  .did ya look around the area for more?or any scrapes that looks like a prime bedding area for sure
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:49 am

Joel I did in fact look around ..about 100 meters in each direction...I ommitted several other rubs that were in proximity of the pics I took...yes it is what i would call a primary scrape area...I counted 5 scrapes all within about 40 or 50 yrds and several trails leading into the area..there is a stream thats off about 20 yrds away running parallel to the rubs and scrape site.  The bedding area I'm guessing is nearby..there are thick confiers and brush a litle further up, about 100 meters or more, and hardwoods on either side of this area.  So this buck has everything he needs close by and does not have to go far for it.  I don't want to go in and out of that area much more...I'll go back in a week or two and hang a cam and see what I can find out.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:10 pm

JACKPOT BABY[:)]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Previous

Return to All About Deer Sign