Gorilla King Kong Hang-On Treestand

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
gunther89

Gorilla King Kong Hang-On Treestand

Postby gunther89 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:19 pm

I am interested in purchasing the Pro-Series King Kong treestand from Gorilla.  From what I am seeing it looks like a great stand for a good price.  Does anyone have one or has anyone heard if it is good or not.  Any comments would be appreciated. 

Also how do you hang a hang-on treestand.  Do you screw in the tree steps and then attach yourself to to the tree with your safety harness and attach it that way.  I'm new to the hang on treestands so I don't know.  Thanks.
Scott

PrairieShadow

RE: Gorilla King Kong Hang-On Treestand

Postby PrairieShadow » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:13 pm

Not sure bout the pro series but i have a king kong and its probably my favorite stand other than the location i have it in.

I will be swapping it with my most productive stand this year as it is by far the most comfortable one i own. Only down side is that it is heavy at 18lbs??? i think. but i hang my once and leave em so that isnt much of an issue for me.

Great sturdy quiet stand. You cant go wrong.
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:04 am

before they came out with those stand hangers...another I blew it deal...I would take a plant hanger and ratchet it to the tree...the hook I wired a small pully to and sting a line ..climb down tie it to the stand pull it up and tie off to a smaller nearby tree or heavy branch...then you can leave the plant hang to hang your stuff on...just unwire the pully

whubbard

Postby whubbard » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:49 pm

I have one as well.  Without a doubt the most comfortable stand I have.  It is heavy, but like a previous post if you go through the trouble of hanging it, I try to leave it.  Put mine in spots that I plan on hunting for long periods of time.  It is the only lock on stand that I use every year.  And use a lot.
Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them. --John James Audubon

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:17 pm

on a side note i bought a couple loggy bayou predator stands last year and put one of them in my favorite spot. That POS will be coming down and the king kong going in its place. The only way i could stand to sit it was without the pad that it came with as it was the most uncomfortable thing i have ever sat in,( although not to bad if i didnt use the pad[8|]).
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:17 am

Thanks everyone for the advice.  From the way it sounds its a very comfortable stand which is what I want. 
Scott

Return to Tree Stands