Quote of the Day

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
8uck5nort

RE: Quote of the Day

Postby 8uck5nort » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:41 am

ORIGINAL: John1961

My Favorite. Written by my wife for her masters degree class in collage. " The birth of my child is my chance to live on after I'm gone "

Not related to Hunting in any way I know but my favorite.

Good one. Doesn't have to be related to hunting. A good quote should make you stop, reflect and appreciate it for what it is. A pearl of wisdom. Kinda gives you the sense you found something valuable!

My favorites are the ones you read without knowing the author and it applies to current events. Then you look at the author and it some qoute that was uttered by a histroical figure a very long time ago. Which will lead me to my quote today.

"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it".

- George Santayana [an iteration from his original quote]
Veni, Vidi, Sagittam Mittere, now I'm ready for my nap :)

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:32 am

[font="times new roman"]If guns are responsible for killing people, Then pencils are responsible for misspelled words.[/font]
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:34 am

I'll take my guns, freedom, and money..........you can keep the "change"

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:35 am

[font="times new roman"]" A Nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
Robert E. Lee
[/font]

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:40 am

"Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful." Warren Buffet

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:44 pm

Ted Nugent has MANY good ones, but this, IMO, is his best:

"I don't need a constitution, I don't need a Bill of Rights, I don't need a document of any type; I don't need an organization like the NRA, or Gun Owners of America, or The Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership; I don't need you. I don't need another human being to authorize me to defend myself. Or to explain what "Keep and Bear Arms" means.

"KEEP" means "It's mine, you can't have it."

BEAR means "Yes, I have it right here." Bear doesn't mean it's locked up in the safe, bear doesn't mean it's unloaded and disassembled, doesn't mean it's in my truck or has a padlock on it. Bear means "Yes I have it right here". I'M BEARING IT.

And "shall not be infringed" is a message to would-be tyrants, kings, emperors or slave drivers, who we left Europe to get away from to have an experiment in self government, where these pre-existing god-given rights are burned in the soul of every free man that has ever been born. And it starts and ends with my absolute irrefutable right to defend myself. And unless I am keeping and bearing arms, I am helpless.

They banned guns in Rwanda. They banned guns in Darfur. They banned guns in Somalia. They banned guns in Nuremberg in 1938, and then of course, people had no choice but to GET ON THE TRAINS."..............Ted Nugent
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

passin through

Postby passin through » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:20 am

"On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died." (it ain't over till it's over)"
A.E. Stevenson
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:16 am

"Patriotism means to stand by the country.  It does not mean to stand by the president."

-Theodore Roosevelt

[/align]
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:47 pm

Here is one from Gen. Eisenhower, and then Pres. Eisenhower

"An intellectual is a man who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows."

"Politics ought to be the part-time profession of every citizen who would protect the rights and privileges of free people and who would preserve what is good and fruitful in our national heritage"

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:16 pm

"Without hunting there would be no conservation, without conservation there would be no wildlife."
-Rob Keck
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic