NEED A GOOD PORTABLE!

jonny5buck

NEED A GOOD PORTABLE!

Postby jonny5buck » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:37 pm

i hunt primarily with my summit climber-great,comfy stand!,but theres a lotta times im hunting climbing sticks, & the portable.the portable stand is rivers edge,again ,great stand,i logged a ton of hours in that baby.the only problem is the strap is fixed,you can only clasp it  1 way.that has presented a problem more than once.its also BIG,and heavy,not to easy when im park hunting,& you got to take down & set up each time u enter the woods.anyone got some input for a good portable stand,alum. or steel ,without busting the bank??  im open for suggestions--THANKS-5BUCK

schlupis

RE: NEED A GOOD PORTABLE!

Postby schlupis » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:22 am

the gorilla stands are great that is all we use on our property for portable stands. Not too heavy but are rock solid once in the stand and imo easy to put up and take down.. They also have very big platforms which is nice for bigger guys.. I hunted this year in -14 degree temps with windchill at -35 in northern WI the gorillas didnt make a sound other than the snow that was on my boots once I shook it off dead quiet...Gorilla stands are also fairly inexpensive I think we only paid like 69 bucks for ours....

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:20 am

thanks think i will give gorilla a try, my buddy mike also hunts with gorilla and he has no gripes about the performance.

Jdbllung

Postby Jdbllung » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:35 am

I've been using a Summit Viper SS for 5 years now and am totally satisfied with it's weight, performance, and ease of use.  I will be upgrading to a Summit Goliath or Titan for a little extra room.  I can deal with the extra weight, afterall, my first climber was a Baker and weighed like 50 pounds.  I recomend any of the Summit line,but if your a bigger guy like me, 6'4"/250 spend the money on a bigger stand.  It will keep you more comfortable for much longer.
Happiness is a good blood trail! Jeremy W.

SNIPERMAN

Postby SNIPERMAN » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:41 am

JUST LOOKED AT A NEW STAND CALLED THE EQUALIZER, CHEKC IT OUT, HAS A GOOD FLICK AND PRICE IS OK.
https://www.equalizertreestands.com/index.php

Return to Treestands