Goose

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Robert Rowland

Goose

Postby Robert Rowland » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:17 pm

We have had geese than have taken down a plane, and now we have a goose that tried to take down my house!
When I got home from work today there was a dead juvenile snow goose laying dead on my deck. There was blood coming from its beak and a small blood spot on the side of the house about 4 ft up from the deck. It appeared that the goose tried to land on the pool and was probably spooked by the dog at the last moment, aborted the landing, but didn't clear the house. Here is a picture of the spot where the goose apparantly hit the house, and one showing where it fell.
I have had lots of birds fly into the windows, but never have I heard of a goose hitting the house.

Goose

RE: Goose

Postby Goose » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:30 pm

Boy this topic title grabbed my attention![:D][:D]

Times are tough and your having fresh goose delivered right to your house...must be nice!

Next time I'll just use the door....

Im here all night folks[:D][:D]
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:38 pm

i thought of you too goose! i was expecting to read a newspaper article about how you disappeared, last seen riding under the arm of a sasquatch.

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:20 am

Speaking of birds that go off their flight plan...

I got home from work one day and saw that. Looks like every feature that dove had was imprinted on the glass. I never found the dove, but I don't see how he could have survived that. My guess is that a cat came along and carried him off.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Return to Off Topic