Public Drawing on October 8 for Special Archery Hunt in Logan County

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:34 am

COLUMBUS, OH – The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) Division of Wildlife will hold a public drawing on October 8, 2009 for a special deer hunt to be held on Transportation Research Center, Inc. (TRC) managed property in southern Logan County during the 2009-10 Archery Deer Season. The drawing will take place at the West Mansfield Conservation Club located at 700 South Main Street, West Mansfield, Ohio 43358. Registration begins at 6:00 p.m. The drawing will be held at 7:00 p.m. To participate in the drawing, hunters must be present and show a 2009 Ohio hunting license and a 2009 Ohio Deer Permit.

A total of 40 hunters will be drawn. Hunting days are Saturdays and Sundays only. Successful applicants will be able to choose a block of three consecutive weekends to hunt beginning in late October and continuing through the end of archery season on February 7, 2010. Hunters must attend a mandatory orientation prior to their hunting dates. Permits are transferable up to the date of the orientation session, but not after. Hunters must abide by all rules and regulations that apply to the Statewide Deer Archery Season, as well as rules that are assigned to this special controlled deer hunt.

Hunters may kill deer of either sex during this hunt. As is true for all Division of Wildlife Controlled Hunts, Antlerless Deer Permits will be valid for this hunt. Using the appropriate combination of Either Sex and Antlerless Deer Permits, hunters could potentially harvest a total of 6 deer, of which only one may be antlered. Hunters must temporarily tag each deer before harvesting additional deer. All deer (including antlered deer) taken by hunters during this archery hunt will count towards their statewide bag limit.
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

bowhuntingbiker

RE: Public Drawing on October 8 for Special Archery Hunt in Logan County

Postby bowhuntingbiker » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:02 pm

Thanks for the info Kev!! Know where both are located. Didnt hear of this but will try to make it. Thanks again, BHB

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:14 pm

[font="Tahoma"]No problem. Good luck on the drawing!!! [:D][/font]
�Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak.� - Ted Nugent

bowhuntingbiker

Postby bowhuntingbiker » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:34 pm

Thank you. Will you be there? If so, we will have to meet. BHB

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:09 pm

[font="Tahoma"]Unfortunately, I can not make it to the drawing. I wish I could, it sounds like a great opportunity.[/font]

bowhuntingbiker

Postby bowhuntingbiker » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:16 pm

Sorry to hear. Thanks for the info again. Good luck this season! BHB

bowhuntingbiker

Postby bowhuntingbiker » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:37 pm

Thought you would like to know that my brother and a friend got drawn for this hunt. Sounds like their chances will be awesome. Thanks again. BHB

Return to Ohio