Scent-Lok or Scent Blocker?

Goose

RE: Scent-Lok or Scent Blocker?

Postby Goose » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:33 am

You are right, to each their own...

For me I would not feel right without doing everything I can to be as scent free as possible...
Some people laugh at the lengths I go to be scent free, who cares? I'm doing it because its what I feel works for me, I wont cut people down or mock their intelligence because they do one thing or the other.
It's important to enjoy hunting and being outdoors, if that means blue jeans and a yellow flannel with a smoke hanging out of your mouth. More power to you, I wish you luck!
To each their own....
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

coach

Postby coach » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:20 am

Rock n Roll  Goose.

BTW>   I meant ...to each their own.   (I wrote ..to each our own)

Don't worry....its a french thing [;)]
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

JPH

Postby JPH » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:53 am

ORIGINAL: Goose

For me I would not feel right without doing everything I can to be as scent free as possible...
Some people laugh at the lengths I go to be scent free, who cares? I'm doing it because its what I feel works for me, I wont cut people down or mock their intelligence because they do one thing or the other.
It's important to enjoy hunting and being outdoors, if that means blue jeans and a yellow flannel with a smoke hanging out of your mouth. More power to you, I wish you luck!
To each their own....

X1!

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:17 am

ORIGINAL: Goose

To each their own....

X2, I'm a scent control freak, I think it may be an illness. 
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

coach

Postby coach » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:51 am

I don't think its an illness.....but if you say so...you can call Dr. Phil.  [:D]

I think its a strong belief that is totally understandable and reasonable.

But some hunters enjoy the sport of going out....and not worry about anything.  Some say they have enough stress at home....job.....family....I just want to use that time to spend afield and enjoy deer hunting. If I start worrying about wind...scent...ect.  I just might not be able to enjoy myself.

That's the good thing about the sport of hunting.  There is no rules. Do it how you want..and nobody get penalize.  Play the wind right.. you may score.

Just like hockey players....some have 300$ hockey sticks and 600$ skates.
My stick is a cheap 30$ and skates was 120$.  And I'm a better player then some that has been playing all their lifes.  (Its not because I'm good....its because they suck) [;)]

I don't care how you do it.....As long as you enjoy yourself.  The minute you start getting upset...
GAME OVER.   GO HOME.

Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:16 am

I don't think its an illness.....but if you say so...you can call Dr. Phil.

That would be an interesting episode, but it would be a waste there's no cure  At least until I find a better way to increase my chances against olfactory system.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:07 am

I have a Dr. Phil photo that someone sent me that I would love to post here, but it has a naughty word in it so I won't. But if any would like to see it, PM me.....

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:07 pm

Well speak of the devil...a box arrived today addressed to me so I opened it...there inside was a Mathews Solocam Game hide rain suit (jacket and pants) it has the Silver thread tech?and all the bells and whistles....well I paniced...my B-Day is soon and I thought I made a boo boo...then remembered NAHC and called them ...it's my product to test and keep!![:D]
 I will be out turkey scouting and just sitting and reading a book in one of the ground blinds(open air) and see what does and doesn't smell me....Really nice suit well made and less than the G Mnt. or Cabelas ones I checked out...[;)]

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:47 pm

If'n yer huntin' turkeys, badgie, it won't be much of smell test!  [:D]

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:01 pm

Ya your right...but perhaps I'll have some of these deer decide to check out the new batch of branches I've dropped and to my surprise the turnips that haven't been dug up yet have a little new growth starting and I still have a few days left of yote season..[;)]...Then there is the woodchucks coming up out of there winter digs...God knows I've dumped the tractor tires in one too many chuck hole[&o]...theres always something out there to catch my scent...lol...I'll also see if the turkeys notice the new photo type camo....[;)]

PreviousNext

Return to Scent Attractants/Scent Eliminators