What's your motivation ?

Tips on how to keep yourself in top form for the hunting season.

What's your motivation ?

Postby OHhunter » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:42 am

This might have been touched on here already, if so sorry.  As I was running today approaching mile 3 (that's this weeks goal) and wanting to quit.  I kept thinking about how much more enjoyable spring turkey season will be. I hunt alot of steep terrian and thought of being able to climb these goat slopes without being winded.  That is what keeps me going. 
What's your motivation?

RE: What's your motivation ?

Postby JPH » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:23 am

Excellent question! In the end, it's all about motivation.
I think it started for me when I was very young. I was small and lived in a neighborhood full of older boys. Sports, comeptition, and fighting were a way of life. That, and the fact that things were not good at home always made me feel like an underdog. I hated to loose and I worked harder at being strong, skilled and tough than anyone else. That stayed with me as I grew. I was the shortest guy on my high school football team and weighed 150 lbs., but I managed to earn post season honors as a linebacker and a small scolarship. While I am happy to say that I've mellowed a lot over time, I still have that edge. I guess some call it "small man's syndrome". Whatever.
I can be as lazy as the next guy, but I actually enjoy the feeling of lactic acid in my system. I like knowing that I do things the average person will not do.

Postby Scot » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:06 pm

It allows me to have more energy for all area's of my life.Family,Business,Hunting.
I want to be able to effectively hunt for a long time!

Postby Sailfish » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:02 am

For years I just wanted to  be ripped and strong like ox.
Now that I have a 2.5 and 4 year old, I want to be more ripped and strong, but I want to be ripped and strong their whole lives. [:D]
I love it when my lil girl is watching TV or something and says
"Daddy your way stronger than he is"
And even though he is only 2ish, I can tell my son is gonna be into everything physical, so far its just head butts and nipple twists, but I figure its gonna lead to much more (catch, climbing, engine blocks, etc).
Thats my motivation; many healthy years with the lil ones and hopefully their lil ones. [:)]
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Return to Hunter Health & Fitness