New Jersey Assembly Passes Two Pro-Hunting Measures!

DeanoZ

New Jersey Assembly Passes Two Pro-Hunting Measures!

Postby DeanoZ » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:47 am

Would be a great victory for NJ Bowhunters...links are provided in the below press release to contact the gov and Senate to encourage endorsements!

New Jersey[font="times new roman"] Assembly Passes Two Pro-Hunting Measures![/font]
[font="times new roman"]Please Stand-Up and Make Your Voices Heard![/font]
[font=verdana]
On Monday,
[/font][font=verdana]the New Jersey Assembly passed two pro-hunting bills which would significantly expand hunting opportunities for sportsmen in the Garden State.[/font][font=verdana]

A1669
[/font][font=verdana]would authorize bow hunting on Sundays during the respective deer season dates set by the State Fish and Game Code[/font][font=verdana], on State wildlife management areas and private property.  Last October, the Senate version [/font][font=verdana](S802) passed the full Senate.  A1669/S802 now head to the desk of Governor Jon Corzine (D) for his consideration.  

A595 would reduce the distance from 450 feet to 150 feet of an occupied building for a person possessing a nocked arrow for the purpose of hunting.  A595 now heads to the Senate where it awaits a committee assignment. 

It is crucial that New Jersey's hunters stand-up and make their voices heard loudly! 
[/font]
[font=verdana]
Please contact Governor Corzine TODAY and respectfully urge him to sign A1669/S802.  The Governor can be reached by phone at (609) 292-6000 or visit www.state.nj.us/governor/about/contact/ to send email.  Also, please contact your State Senator TODAY and respectfully urge them to expand outdoor opportunities and support the true stewards of the land, New Jersey sportsmen, by voting for A595.  Contact information for your State Senator can be found by clicking here
[/font]

dtrain56

RE: New Jersey Assembly Passes Two Pro-Hunting Measures!

Postby dtrain56 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:21 am

we might all have to move to new jersey!!!!

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:07 am

Well if I was a betting man I'd say given the fiscal crisis our state is in, if they do pass the bill its going to cost us somehow..maybe special permit to hunt Sundays? [8|]  But hey, more days in the woods..i'm all for it either way! [:D]

bigdaddygb

Postby bigdaddygb » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:03 pm

That was the one thing that always pissed me off with NJ when i moved here. No hunting on Sundays. Why ?? I know it was a church lead thing, to get more guys outta the woods and into the churches. But that was way back when. Now a days, I work all week and don't have a lot of time to take off to go hunting, so my weekends are my time to hunt. I get one day a week if I am lucky with my guns, and 2 days with my crossbow. I am very glad they passed that and look forward to lots of Sunday hunting.

Return to New Jersey