Golf

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Demoderby4

Golf

Postby Demoderby4 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:20 pm

Any of you guys play golf at all? I started golfing regularly (well regularly for me is 2-3 times a week) last year. My buddy needed a new golf partner for a league he was in, so i filled in last year and really enjoyed playing a lot last year. I used to play once twice a year before last year lol, and i can't wait to get back out there this year! I went to the driving range for the first time on friday, it was nice to break the clubs out, and it's supposed to be really nice tomorrow so im hoping to get 9 in! If not i'll be at the range again. I can't remember exactly what my handicap is, it's embarrassing something like 21 lol! But i just go for the fun of it and to be outdoors, it's really relaxing, well at times [:D] lol!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

JOEL

RE: Golf

Postby JOEL » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:09 am

my dad gave me his old clubs years ago but it never stuck.I see a golf course and think...."thats a good spot for a tree stand ...and that water hazerd looks good to ambush geese."But if gets you out exercising etc its a good thing...so Play on[:)]
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:30 pm

My wife and I started golfing about 4 years ago, we go with my father in about every Saturday through the summer.  If I can keep it around 90 I'm happy, don't have the time nor money to really take it serious.  Still alot of fun.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:21 pm

When I was a teenager, I spent quite a bit of time on golf courses, but in the winter.

The local greenskeepers knew I was a trapper, and they'd let me trap their ponds and watercourses for muskrats after the courses had closed, or curtailed their usual regular season schedule. One even gave me keys for the main gate so I could get in at my leisure.

The only thing greenskeepers hate more than muskrats are GEESE!

But I don't golf....never have. I have nothing at all against it, but for me, archery is my "golf".
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:24 pm

I golf all summer long, well once the walleye bite on the missouri river slows down that is... But im still no good at it.
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:40 pm

I'm no good at it either [:D] yeah no kidding WW! I went today and the course was still littered with goose crap! I shot terrible but the course was in pretty poor condition, well who am i kidding it wouldn't of mattered anyways lol!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:08 am

I used to.
We were in a league through work.
I was never any good despite getting countless lessons.
I still liked it though.
I hung the sticks up about 7 years ago.

"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:32 am

What about archery golf? When I lived in Waupaca, Wisconsin, we used to go down to Waushara county and play archery golf about once a year. We were on a regular golf course (closed of course to non archers). Teeing off was done with a double tapered fight arrow lobbed toward the green. Played just like regular golf until it was time to putt. Instead of a "cup" there was a plastic ball about 5" in diameter sitting on the green but held in a wire ring about 3 or so inches off the grass. Putting was done with an arrow with a judo head and you had to shoot the ball off of the wire holder. I don't remember the name of the golf course, but we were there by invitation from the local archery club. It was a hoot.
Yes I play regular golf too. Many business deals are struck on a golf course. By the way, I only golf with people who are as inept as I am. I've been known to tee off on #1 and land on the #3 fairway. If you golf with me,  please hide behind the trees or the cart when I am up.

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:34 am

ORIGINAL: Wanderer

What about archery golf? When I lived in Waupaca, Wisconsin, we used to go down to Waushara county and play archery golf about once a year. We were on a regular golf course (closed of course to non archers). Teeing off was done with a double tapered fight arrow lobbed toward the green. Played just like regular golf until it was time to putt. Instead of a "cup" there was a plastic ball about 5" in diameter sitting on the green but held in a wire ring about 3 or so inches off the grass. Putting was done with an arrow with a judo head and you had to shoot the ball off of the wire holder. I don't remember the name of the golf course, but we were there by invitation from the local archery club. It was a hoot.
Yes I play regular golf too. Many business deals are struck on a golf course. By the way, I only golf with people who are as inept as I am. I've been known to tee off on #1 and land on the #3 fairway. If you golf with me,  please hide behind the trees or the cart when I am up.

Thats sounds like a good time!  When i tee off on #1 here i usually end up real close to the green....on #5[:D]
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

Return to Off Topic