Wii Fit

Tips on how to keep yourself in top form for the hunting season.
JPH

RE: Wii Fit

Postby JPH » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:28 am

We own one.

I like that my daughter is up on her feet while she is playing video games. It gets kids more involved and has some value to it, in that it requires some movement. But as a fitness plan, it is really pathetic.

I do not mean to say that a person can't improve with a Wii Fit. I'm just saying that there are far better ways for a person to shape up, that will be a lot cheaper and more effiecent.

In other words, if you are going to buy it for fun, you might as well get one. Your family will at least move around rather than sitting on the couch. But if you are looking for a fitness plan in-and-of itself, I'd look elsewhere.

PrairieShadow

Postby PrairieShadow » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:31 am

We have a Wii and I feel it is a joke as far as a fitness routine goes.... What ever happened to p/u games of baseball? I had way more fun with that then i have ever had with my $500 wii....
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

John1961

Postby John1961 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:24 pm

No idea what a wii is......... 
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:30 pm

I have a wii but I dont have the wii fit.. All and all I just have it for the little rug rats that run around the house.. However I know here they use the wii fit as a physical tharpy session. My mom has used it before and she said that she loves it.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:11 pm

The Wii is pretty cool, i don't own one but my buddy has one and so does my gf's parents, they are a lot of fun! I like tiger woods golf for it and the little wii sports game u get with the console, never really played the wii fit tho.
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:27 pm

we have a wii, but no wii fit. my wife wants the wii fit too, but ive discouraged her from that. im sure its like anything else; better than sitting on your butt, but cant compete with a real, hard core, lets smoke some fat work out.
i just bought "deer drive" for wii. its a deer hunting game where you have to shoot deer, but you also have to shoot moose and bear because if you dont they will kill you. its fun to play with my young ones because its easy to play. but i cant help but feel a little resentment towards the creators for making the rules be that you cant shoot does. if you shoot a doe, they scold you and take away points. i know its "just a game", but i think it stands to reason that the creators probably dont hunt deer. anyway, i just wish real life was like that game some times. its just hundreds of deer running past you and you just shoot them for points, the bigger the buck the more points. its fun, especially to play with the kids, but not life like at all. though it is nice that way too, a nice break from reality.

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:31 pm

My kids have one. I have played games with them and usually end up getting my butt kicked by a 9 year old. They do have the Fit part but I have never used it myself, and with nicer weather coming I probably wont for several months.

JPH

Postby JPH » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:13 am

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:47 pm

Ditto here. My kids have one. From time to time I play a game or two with them, but that's the extent of it. As far as using it to get in shape, nothing replaces good old fashioned exercise. My oldest son use to be on the heavy side. I made walk to/from high school everyday, took care of that problem real quick.

JPH

Postby JPH » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:44 pm

MSHunter, I applaud you for loving your son enough to make him take care of himself. I am sure it was not easy.

I am far from a perfect parent, but I find it hard to see how many parents will let their children become obese. It does not have to be cruel and your kids do not need to be the captains of the cross-country team, just walk to school. Good for you!

Next

Return to Hunter Health & Fitness