Oh those silly anti-hunters

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Everyday Hunter

RE: Oh those silly anti-hunters

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:30 am

ORIGINAL: fasteddie

I will have to check at our local Tops Grocery Store and see if they make any meat there ..........[8|]....[8|]

I went to two local grocery stores a couple of weeks ago hoping to be able to get a bone out of the bone barrel. They both told me that they don't have bone barrels anymore. All the meat comes in already "made." So that person is right -- no animals were harmed at the grocery store!

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

saddletramp

Postby saddletramp » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:58 pm

the cattle slammed in the head at the slaughter house might have different opinion about no animals being hurt in the process. Like they say "you can't fix stupid" .And my addition to that "you just have to learn to live and survive amongst them"

Saddletramp

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:17 pm

That takes stupidity to a new level.
Scott

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:59 pm

Send it into Leno haha [:D] Great "Monday Headlines" material lol!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

wack

Postby wack » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:01 pm

This reminds me of when I went to a hockey goalie camp in Chicago a long time ago. Talking with 4 kids from NYC and 2 others from Chicago that I was bunking with, and none of them knew or believed milk came from cows. It comes from the store and is made just like soda and apparently now meat.[8|]
 Now being a Wisconsinite I straightened them right out. Cows live on farms. farmers milk the cows. Black and white cows give white milk, brown cows give chocolate milk and the yellow cows give the milk for cheese! [:D] Beef is male cows, veil is baby cows, and pork is pigs. Hot dogs.... you get the point. By time I was done, there wasn't anything left that they wanted to eat, city boy sissies. It was a great experience, I taught them about cows and farms, they taught me how to hot wire a stolen vehicle, Tony Esposito taught us all how to play goalie and Phil Esposito used us for target practice. [:D]
American by birth, hunter by choice.

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:52 pm

Wow. You went to hockey camp with the Espositos?!! What a memory.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:55 pm

hahahhaha

"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

wack

Postby wack » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:27 am

Wow. You went to hockey camp with the Espositos?!! What a memory.

Yep, I was once on the ice with the Esposito's, they were at the goalie camp for 1 day, talked with us in the locker room, dressed up and skated with us. I had them both sign my helmet, and one of the big city sissies stole it. [:@] Sure gave me a big head, I was named to the WI Allstate team honorable mention as a freshman (HS) by the Minn. Gofers the next season, my first HS official game was against a Madison team, Bob Johnson called my parents out of the crowd wanting to know how his Badger scouting team mist this JR. My coach lied, listed me as a JR, so this power house team wouldn't key in on a freshman goalie. I had already played several games as a "Sophmore" when I was in 8th grade.lol shhh  I walked out of the locker room, this man standing with my parents shakes my hand and says,"Very nice job young man." and walks away....I didn't know who he was, but I could see dollar signs flashing in my parents eyes as they explained to me he was the WI Badgers Head coach. lol Darn I'm getting old. lol That must mean you're just as old. [:D]
American by birth, hunter by choice.

dewey

Postby dewey » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:41 am

"The meat in the grocery store was made there", ohh really I worked in a grocery store for 7 years and I never saw any meat made there.  "Where no animals were harmed"  I wonder if these idiots think that meat is just created from cardboard and other stuff at the grocery store or do they think that the animals live on a farm and when they die of natural causes then they are made into meat.  Do they know that the cows get a bolt in the head to kil them and then get slaughtered and cut into the sections which is in turn sent to the grocery stores?  I can't help but chuckle at how some of these people think,LOL.
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:21 am

I don't want to sidetrack this discussion, it's an important one, but I'm guessing we're within a couple of years in age, based upon some of your other posts (# years married).

Previous

Return to Off Topic