A Sport All Its Own

The popular off-season pastime is quickly becoming a sport itself. Help cure antler illness by sharing your shed hunting tactics.
Ben Sobieck

A Sport All Its Own

Postby Ben Sobieck » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:05 am

Joe Shead wrote a great piece about the popularity of shed hunting. It appeared in the June 2009 issue of Deer & Deer Hunting. Click here to read "Shed Hunting: A Sport All Its Own."

Everyday Hunter

RE: A Sport All Its Own

Postby Everyday Hunter » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:45 am

ORIGINAL: Ben Sobieck

Joe Shead wrote a great piece about the popularity of shed hunting. It appeared in the June 2009 issue of Deer & Deer Hunting. Click here to read "Shed Hunting: A Sport All Its Own."

Thanks to Joe for focusing our attention on shed hunting, and to Ben for running this article. Most of us are beginners at shed hunting, and need all the help we can get. Joe seems to be the pioneer in this field. One of the reasons I hunt for sheds is that it's a great time to be in the deer woods, but also because every antler I see is the most fascinating thing I've ever seen.

Antlers -- When you've seen one, you want to see them all. [:D]

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Robert Rowland

RE: A Sport All Its Own

Postby Robert Rowland » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:21 am

I spent 5 hours shed hunting yesterday and did not find one single antler, but it was still the most enjoyabe day I have had since November!
I got permission to go onto some ground where I had never been. Found lots of deer sign, saw several deer, and have high hopes of being able to hunt it in November.

Return to Shed Hunting