Things you guys might not ....

Tips on how to keep yourself in top form for the hunting season.
msbadger

Things you guys might not ....

Postby msbadger » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:57 am

I went to the Dr. the other day and everything looks to be OK but due to my age and If you recall the charlie horses in my thighs this hunting season I went for blood work and will go Wed. for x-rays.....
 Now the Dr. and I differ on the CH thing ...before I finished sentance she said calcium and vitamin D deficiancy...I still say dehydration for they stopped as soon as season ended and I started drinking more water...blood workwill show....
 The second ...x-rays are for osteoporosis test...bone density test...which is a standard for woman....but I'm not so sure for men and you guys can get it as well...some times those things like breast cancer in men get lost because they are not as common in men as in women....but are still as deadly to you....So You might not think about it.... but to ask your Dr. ?'s is'nt a bad thing ....if you feel your not standing as tall..ask....if your relaxing on the couch or bed check your chest or ask wife..if you know what things feel like normal... then if it changes it will be obvious..
 We are all also in the sun alot...baboons are smart they groom each other ...many undetected skin cancers start in your scalp....let a loved one poke around in your hair ...yes assuming you still have hair...you others ..get a scalp massage.[;)]....

Just friendly reminders ...to keep us all chatting together a long time....besides raking rocks ..gives me alot of time to think...[;)]

Nubs

RE: Things you guys might not ....

Postby Nubs » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:10 pm

Thanks for the advice, I hope all your tests come back with a good report.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:08 am

Thanks Nubs...well I go for the osteopoosis test this a.m.....but got the blood work back...little scary but explains alot when I did the research....
My calcium levels are fine BUT...I am very vitamin D deficient...Now I would never have expected that because I'm out side every day but then again due to skin cancer family history I'm always.... even in the summer... in long sleeves and pants with a sunblock on and wide rimmed hat...Duhhh...and well we all know what NY winters are like....CLOUDY...so I am at less than 20 and the lowest you should be is 50 ...30 is concidered dangerous and 60to80 is Good....so perscription is in the mail and they are heavy dosing me for 8 weeks then tappering it down until levels are normal.....Wow this can cause some serious diseases and chronic pain ...which explains all the joint pain and muscle weakness...I just thought ...as uasual..I was over doing it[8|]...So guys add that to the list because it can increase risk of high blood pressure ..which I have...colon/breast/prostate cancers

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:13 am

Just got back from the bone density test....I'm right smack in the middle of the good range...Dr said it must have been in the high range before...because D deficiency draws it dawn and I'm really deficient...so I'm Happy...the perscript will stablize things and may increase the density even more...[:D]...I'm hoping it helps blood pressure as well...[;)]

Return to Hunter Health & Fitness