No Plow

Discuss Quality Deer Management issues here!
jamie9mm

No Plow

Postby jamie9mm » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:39 am

Has any body tried the imperial no plow? What were your results?  The reviews on cabelas are all great as far as being easy to use and growth rate but nobody said how well the deer use. I currently have a 55 gallon corn feeder that works good this will be my first plot and i planned on puting in 10,00 sq. ft right by the feeder. this would be in central southern ohio in some good hills. I planned to rake back the leaves lime the soil and put the seed in about 2 weeks later. Does this sound like a solid method?

buckhunter21

RE: No Plow

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:05 am

I planted it for the first time last year.  It worked pretty well....easy to plant and came up good.  I don't even think we had a very good pH either so bonus!  Sounds like you have a great plan of action!
QDM!

reeper0697

Postby reeper0697 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:34 am

I planted it many years back. We didnt get a soil sample done just tilled some ground and threw it out there, no lime. Now that I think about it I dont even think we used fertilizer at the time. I remember that it came up great though. Deer ate it, just not when I was in that location and I had never heard the term "trail cam" back then.
Put me on a mountain, way back in the backwoods
Put me on a lake with biggin' on the line
Put me around a campfire cookin' something I just cleaned

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:23 pm

I had a guy from work try this stuff.. It never even grew for him.. He did it on state land.. I dont think that he did something right after reading what all of you had to say about this stuff though.. Maybe he just didnt take care of it? Who knows with that guy.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

jamie9mm

Postby jamie9mm » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:30 pm

Thanks for the input.

Return to QDM • Quality Deer Management