Hunting lease

Everyday Hunter

RE: hunting lease

Postby Everyday Hunter » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:08 am

Aside from googling for sample lease contracts, I don't know. One thing you may try is to look for local landowners and timber companies that do lease their land, and see if you can get a copy of their contracts.

I have a copy of a book called Hunt Club Management Guide by Wayne Fears, and on pages 130-131 there is a "Sample Land Lease Agreement." I got my copy of the book a couple of years ago on eBay, and there's a copy there now with a starting bid of $3.99. Or, you can get it on Amazon for $13.70.

Beyond that, I'll say "welcome" to the D&DH forums. I hope you get the answer to this question and many more in the future.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

huntnfishin247

Postby huntnfishin247 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:23 pm

thankyou for the info. i will try to get the book off ebay. anything i find on google seems like its for big organizations.

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:14 am

huntnfishin247
I have two copies of that Hunt Club Management Guide. PM your address to me and I'll send one your way.

stumpsitter66

Postby stumpsitter66 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:47 am

Hi guys. Wanted to get your insights on leasing in general. How much do leases go for in your area?? They are way too expensive where I hunt and the problem is most people won't put anything in writing, which isn't a lease in my opinion. I always say if you can't get it for 3 yrs minimum, it isn't worth it.

Stump

huntnfishin247

Postby huntnfishin247 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:42 am

wanderer thank you very much. wish there were more people around like you.  The lease i just got is for 175 acres. $1000.00 a year for 5 years. My father and i are splitting it. It is prime hunting land where I live and many other people were also interested in it. I have been hunting it for 2 years allready for free till someone else starting asking about it. Im glad the land owners gave me the first option on it.

doe assassin

Hunting lease

Postby doe assassin » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:25 pm

I was wondering here if anybody had hunted in Eastland or know if anybody has? I was just wondering, im not familar with the area and was wondering if it was good hunting. I have an oppurtunity to hunt there and need to know as soon as possible so please help me.
I do my grocery shopping in the woods.

Return to Texas