X-Bolt by Browning

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
bowhuntr

X-Bolt by Browning

Postby bowhuntr » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:10 pm

I purchased a browning x-bolt stainless stalker, one question i had was i heard that they pin your shoulder back pretty good? I havent shot mine yet, its .308 caliber, just was curious if that was true or not.

CB on the run

RE: X-Bolt by Browning

Postby CB on the run » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:26 am

Recoil occurs with every gun when it's fired.  Some people manage it better than others.  The .308 cal IMO is a mid-range caliber as far as recoil.  I have owned several and it's a good deer/black bear caliber.  It will kill bigger but I think there is better calibers for larger game.
I believe your Browning comes with a recoil pad which will help.  Hopefully the length of pull is right for you which will aid in you holding the gun correctly and the eye relief on the scope is appropriate.  If you are unsure a gunsmith can help.  If you do not reload, Remington sells reduced recoil loads for the .308 if standard factory loads are too harsh.  I never had a problem with the recoil of any .308. 

Charlie Belle 

PrairieShadow

RE: X-Bolt by Browning

Postby PrairieShadow » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:41 pm

The x-bolt will have greater felt recoil than alot of rifles out there as its a very light rifle with a slim stock design.

From the first xbolt that i picked up i thought" these things are gunna kick."  .308 should be very managable for most in that rifle though.
Hunting isn't a matter of Life or Death
Its MUCH more important than that!

Return to Guns and Ammo