Right or left helical

DeanoZ

RE: Right or left helical

Postby DeanoZ » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:05 am

something I saw on a recent show...try applying some red lipstick to the string or riser, wherever you think the blazer is striking or rubbing up against.  Let one fly and if you find lipstick on the vane you've found the culprit.

Woody

Postby Woody » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:28 am

I can say I have never heard of 2 fletchings either. Curious to hear the results...
When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 ft. closer to God.

CB on the run

Postby CB on the run » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:54 am

Well, the results are inconclusive.  Keep in mind that I haven't shot my bow since last November and I'm only and average shot.  I took pictures but I cannot find the cord to connect to the computer but I'm pretty sure I have an identical one at work so hopefully I'll be able to post them.
  I fletched 1 new shaft with two Bi-delta shark vanes  off set as I don't have the helical jig yet.  After some nock adjustment they flew very well with field points so competition shooters looking to reduce a little weight may want to look at this set up.
  When shooting the Rage practice head I saw more arrow flex but I was still hitting close to my point of aim even out to 45 yards.  They seem to make more noise than the NAP Twister vanes.  I took an identical number of shots with an arrow fletched with the NAP Twister for comparison.  The point of impact seemed close at longer distances and virtually identical at 15 yards where I started off.
  I need to shoot additional types of broadheads that have a width of less than 1 1/8" and I want to fletch another shaft with 3 Bi-delta shark vanes before I start drawing conclusions and have an impartial person watching the flight and listening for noise.

Charlie Belle

CB on the run

Postby CB on the run » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:27 am

Shots at 15, 25 35 and 45 w/field point at 1st then moving to Rage practice head.

CB on the run

Postby CB on the run » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:31 am

more shots

Previous

Return to Arrows