P90X???

Tips on how to keep yourself in top form for the hunting season.
dtrain56

RE: P90X???

Postby dtrain56 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:43 am

Has anyone seen this or tried it? The P90X workout videos? there's 13 of them and you are supposed to work out an hour a day every day for three months and it's supposed to really get you strong and cut up. Considering it but don't know anyone "real" who's tried it.

well heck what wont get you cut up if you worked out an hour a day everyday for 3 months..heck do anything that religiously and you would be in shape....don't need to be told that...or get a video...n

and there is no way any normal working guy is going to have an hour a day to work out....we don't so i guess i will keep my gut!!!!

the one thing that has worked best for me since i retired as a professional athlete is to do moderate exercise..whenever possible...hike, bike ride, cross country ski, snow shoe...and MOST of all don't eat after the sun goes down...

once i got done i put on 30lbs in a hurry since moderating my food intake i have lost all of it...No  i am not "cut UP" but feel good and look "normal"

JPH

Postby JPH » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:19 am

ORIGINAL: dtrain56

well heck what wont get you cut up if you worked out an hour a day everyday for 3 months..heck do anything that religiously and you would be in shape....don't need to be told that...or get a video...n

and there is no way any normal working guy is going to have an hour a day to work out....we don't so i guess i will keep my gut!!!!

Actually there are a lot of people who put in long hours in the gym and stay flabby. Don't believe me? Just walk down "treadmill row" at any commercial gym.

Conversely, there are middle aged guys who do no more than 20-40 minutes of intense exercise, 4-6 days a week and have single digit body fat.

I key, IMO, is the level of intensity.

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:52 am

I have to agree with JPH, it's the level of intensity that makes the difference. About 3 years ago, I weighed over 230 pounds. I worked out, from time to time, but not intensely. I was diagnosed as being at risk with a slew of potential life altering diseases. I changed how I worked out and how I ate, shorter periods, but much more intense, cut out as much sugar and carbohydrates as possible. The end result, I lost 65 pounds and put the health issues off. The weight has since settled out with a net loss of 40-45 pounds, depending upon what scale I'm using, but overall, I'm in much better health.

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:16 pm

I didn't say stand around and chat or socialize did i?????

i said work out ..if you work out for an hour a day for three months you will lose weight..period...

if you choose to use it as a dating service then you wont ....or if you eat a pizza on the way home then a gallon of ice cream you wont lose weight either...

JPH

Postby JPH » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:01 pm

ORIGINAL: MSHunter

About 3 years ago, I weighed over 230 pounds. I worked out, from time to time, but not intensely. I was diagnosed as being at risk with a slew of potential life altering diseases. I changed how I worked out and how I ate, shorter periods, but much more intense, cut out as much sugar and carbohydrates as possible. The end result, I lost 65 pounds and put the health issues off. The weight has since settled out with a net loss of 40-45 pounds, depending upon what scale I'm using, but overall, I'm in much better health.

That is awesome MSHunter! I'm glad you are posting in the fitness forum. The more people we have will to share their success stories, the more other hunters will find hope.

JPH

Postby JPH » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:08 pm

ORIGINAL: dtrain56

I didn't say stand around and chat or socialize did i?????

i said work out ..if you work out for an hour a day for three months you will lose weight..period...

if you choose to use it as a dating service then you wont ....or if you eat a pizza on the way home then a gallon of ice cream you wont lose weight either...

Sorry if my comment came off as a suggestion that you do not work out hard enough. That was not what I meant at all.

I cannot say it enough, if you are up and moving and happy with your results, you are on the right fitness plan.

Gr8ToutDoors

Postby Gr8ToutDoors » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:36 pm

i retired as a professional athlete

What sport did you play dtrain?

rage

Postby rage » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:25 am

Ive done p90x for fat loss and lost 15 lbs in 90 days and i have just started the second have classic version for muscle building and strength and let me tell you this is a basic workout with very basic weights but man oh man does it work..If you are committed to the diet and workouts you will see the results.These are all workouts you have done in school or for any sports but for one hour it is non stop.I swear by it now and will not go to the gym again..It is the complete workout.t

Previous

Return to Hunter Health & Fitness