What was your Best toy?

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
John1961

What was your Best toy?

Postby John1961 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:29 pm

A few days a go my Grand buddy ( I call my grand kids Grand Buddy's )asked me, " Grand paw, when you were little, what was your best toy?   I answered " my erector set and brother and sister." We didn't have much as Mom was divorced and raising 5 kids. What was you Best toy?
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

shadow

RE: What was your Best toy?

Postby shadow » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:25 pm

Two things come to mind, a train set when I was 8 or 9, and a new 5-speed bike, the style with the shifter mounted on the frame between your legs and it also came with a bannana seat. Other than that, I never really had much growing up.

The best "toy" as an adult.... it was 2002, I get a call from my wife, mind you my position was eliminated in 2001, I was only working part time, and we had a new bussiness (which is still open and doing well). And we had 3 young girls under the age of 6, we really didn't need a 3rd vehicle.  Anyway she calls and asks if I could meet her at someones house not far from my home to look at a fairly new Explorer.
As a young adult I always had a 4x4, or 2.  And even when I got married had a fiull size Bronco 4x4 and a car. So it was a surprise to hear her call about this. Well, I met her and we bought the 2001 Explorer 4x4 which I still have and use for hunting.  Great little ''truck", got a post a picture of it under the hunting rig posting.

Hoosierbuck

Postby Hoosierbuck » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:07 pm

Daisy Model 102, later replace by an 880 Powerline; and the Fisher-Price Adventure People toys. They were like mini GI Joes that had all the camping gear, boats, moto cross bikes and stuff. The other things I recall liking best were books by Zane Grey that were Grandpa's, books by Jim Kjelgaard (kids with dogs and guns-so cool!) and old hunting magazines from my uncle.

HB

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:32 am

GI Joe Jeep with an removable trailer.

The trailer had a mount in the back for a big spotlight it had real wires I had to plug in to make the light work.
Pretty kewl.
This was the full sized thing. Befre GI Joe with kung fu grip even came out.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:25 am

My dad worked at John deere while was growing up, so I has several JD toy tractors.  One stood out more than the others, here's pic I still have it.

Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

Robert Rowland

Postby Robert Rowland » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:41 pm

If you can call a pellet gun a toy, then that was mine. Then there was the bike & fishing gear.  Teen years had to be the .22 rifle, and snowmobile with rope and '63 Chevy pickup hood. We had a really bad snow one year and my best friends family had cattle at one of their farms that they couldn't get to even with 4WD or tractors, but we could get to town and buy a snowmobile to feed cattle with. From then on, the snowmobile was the kids toy.

Return to Off Topic