Someone's NOT been fighting

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Wanderer

Someone's NOT been fighting

Postby Wanderer » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:17 am

I first received this picture in an e-mail several months ago. The e-mail was titled "Someone's been fighting" This past weekend I watched an episode of North American Whitetail and they featured this deer in a segment. The antler that appears to be stuck in his right eye is actually growing there. The taxidermist that skinned out the cape discovered that little truth. A neighbor a mile or so away had trail cam pictures of this buck from the previous year and he had an antler through his eye at that time. Just thought it was interesting. Looks like velvet on the bottom of the "eye antler" . I thought that I'd seen this picture on a post in the forum before but I was unable to locate it.

MHHC S. IL

RE: Someone's NOT been fighting

Postby MHHC S. IL » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:01 am

Is there any scientific explanation for what could have caused it?
LIVE AT FULL DRAW

danesdad

RE: Someone's NOT been fighting

Postby danesdad » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:39 am

Interesting. Maybe the deer was injured in somw way while it was young. Judging by the "regular" rack, this deer was a survivor, in spite of the fact that it had to be blind in one eye. They are amazing creatures, for sure.

Return to Off Topic