Hunting destinations

Share the trips you've taken for better or worse, where you like to go, where you don't like to go and how you got there.
deerstand

Hunting destinations

Postby deerstand » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:39 am

I live in Pennsylvania, and travel to Manitoba, Canada each November to hunt those big canadian whitetails.

dewey

RE: Hunting destinations

Postby dewey » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:31 am

I applied for a Big game license in Montana for the 2nd time this year and hopefully I will be going elk/deer hunting out in the mountains of NW Montana.  For the extra $20-40 it was a no brainer to go for the big game tag just in case I see a nice deer while out hunting for elk.
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

passin through

Postby passin through » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:50 pm

Anywhere in the Texas Hill Country....My favorite is known as the "Golden Triangle" around Kerrville.

FYI if you ever want to take your kid to Texas do it while they're young.....My Out of State license was 300 bucks and my 15 year old buddy?  15 dollars....It may have changed since 2002 but I still remember the shock[:)]
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

dewey

Postby dewey » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:35 am

I found out yesterday that I was successful in drawing a Big game combo license for Montana.  My father in-law has a brother that has been a lawyer in Missoula for 25 years or so and he said that if I get a tag that he will have all kinds of places for me to go.  I would imagine that it is North of Missoula, I know that doesn't narrow it down much but I will be seeing him the weekend of April 25th and find out more than, 6 months 11 days!!!
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:19 am

ORIGINAL: dewey

I found out yesterday that I was successful in drawing a Big game combo license for Montana.  My father in-law has a brother that has been a lawyer in Missoula for 25 years or so and he said that if I get a tag that he will have all kinds of places for me to go.  I would imagine that it is North of Missoula, I know that doesn't narrow it down much but I will be seeing him the weekend of April 25th and find out more than, 6 months 11 days!!!

Yeap my buddy found out he was succesful and drew one as well... lucky dawgs, Elk hunting is definately on my list!

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:29 pm

ORIGINAL: dewey

Hey Dewey,
That is great!  I wish you the best of luck.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Return to Hunting Destinations