If you were opening a store....

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
Demoderby4

If you were opening a store....

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:06 am

What would you name it?
I'm doing a business plan for one of my classes, and I am trying to decide on a cool, catchy name. Believe it or not this has been the hardest part of the project lol! But I was just wondering if you guys have any good idea's? I'll give you the credit for it in my outline, haha [;)] It's mainly going to be a hunting/outdoor type Gander Mountain/Cabela's store. Thanks for any ideas!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

JPH

RE: If you were opening a store....

Postby JPH » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:41 am

Pray about it, if you are so inclined.

It is my belief that God should be at the center of everything we do. I will also freely admit that I often forget that in my day to day life. Prayer and the Sacraments are how I get that back on track. Allowing Him to be involved in naming a business is a great way to remind yourself of his role in it.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:57 am

the outdoor shack
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:58 am

What about Jay's? [:D] (my favorite outdoor store by the way)

How about "White Spider" or "Ironwood" (just thinking of something Snow, or Michigan, or kewl logo-wise)

"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

passin through

Postby passin through » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:40 pm

I did one of those--- Mine was " The 10-Ring" we specialized (supposedly) in building very accurate custom rifles and hand loads.  Got a B  (I think the professor was a Clintonista)

Ideas for you:

Hook & Horns
The Rack
Finn's
Fur & Fins
Demo's Deer Depot[:D]
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:45 pm

I've actually never been to a Jay's. I have been past one a few times when me and my dad went hunting one year with one of his buddies up near Clare if I remember correct. Thanks for the advice so far guys I really appreciate it! Great ideas! Yeah I'm trying to find something that will be user friendly to create a logo for, just project wise lol!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

JChurch

Postby JChurch » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:45 pm

Wilderness Junction
 The logo could be a lake with a fishing scene on one side and a hunting scene on the other meeting on the back side of the lake.

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:47 pm

ORIGINAL: passin through
Demo's Deer Depot[:D]

haha good one! I don't think many people would understand the "demo" part, but at least if you guys ever crossed one you would know whats going on lol! [:D]
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:49 pm

Try this.

D&DH Geeks R US

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

tnt1960

Postby tnt1960 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:16 pm

Hey Matt. Seeing that you live in Michigan, how about " Michigander Mountain?" LOL. Ok, I know it sounds cheesy!
You can`t grill it till you kill it. For great sales/service, go to http://www.oneidabows.net/

Next

Return to Off Topic