Gotcha!!!

passin through

Gotcha!!!

Postby passin through » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:36 am

FARMERVILLE MAN BOOKED FOR CONTEST FRAUD IN BIG BUCK CONTEST Release Date: 04/14/2009
Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) Enforcement Division agents booked a Farmerville man into the Ouachita Parish Correctional Center for felony contest fraud on March 18. 
Powell was charged as a result of a lengthy investigation of alleged illegal night hunting and the subsequent entry of an illegally taken buck into the Simmons Sporting Goods Big Buck Contest in Bastrop and Tyner-Petrus Outdoors Big Buck contest in Monroe. 
LDWF began investigating the case in October 2009 after learning that Powell allegedly killed a 12-point buck on the night of Oct. 19 at his residence in Union Parish.  After being arrested on contest fraud Powell was also cited for taking deer during illegal hours and for hunting deer with illegal methods. 
Committing contest fraud means to willfully and unlawfully enter a hunting or fishing contest with the intent to defraud or knowingly make false representation in an effort to win any prize awarded with a value of more than $100. 
The penalty for contest fraud is a fine up to $3,000, up to one year in prison or both.
The penalty for hunting deer during illegal hours is a fine between $900 to $950, or jail time up to 120 days, or both plus court costs.  Hunting deer with illegal methods is punishable by a fine between $250 and $500, or jail time up to 90 days, or both plus court costs. 

Powell's bond on the contest fraud was set at $1,500 and he is scheduled for arraignment in Fourth Judicial District Court in Monroe on April 20.  His arraignment for the illegal hunting violations is scheduled for May 13 in Third Judicial District Court in Farmerville.
During the investigation, LDWF agents served search warrants and obtained subpoenas used to obtain evidence documenting the investigation.  The antlers entered into the contest earned a gross score of 171 Boone and Crockett Club points for contest purposes

.......glad he's been got

It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

DeerCamp

RE: Gotcha!!!

Postby DeerCamp » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:08 am

Good! Lock him up and throw away the key! I really hate poachers.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:59 am

ORIGINAL: passin through

LDWF began investigating the case in [b]October 2009 after learning that Powell allegedly killed a 12-point buck on the night of Oct. 19 at his residence in Union Parish. 

Forshadowing?... [;)] j/k i would assume it's just a mis-type! Glad they got him! Lock him up and keep him there!!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:01 am

Ah! Didn't mean to bold what i wrote, sorry! [:@] lol!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

John1961

Postby John1961 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:26 am

Lock him up and make him eat week old road kill..............Poachers  should loose the hunting rights for live.
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

Return to Louisiana