Anyone a member of QDM?

Discuss Quality Deer Management issues here!
hunt4ever

RE: Anyone a member of QDM?

Postby hunt4ever » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:54 am

As I have posted before Buckhunter21 (ref. your 4/6/09 post), one can sell results easier than selling concepts/principles.  It looks like you sold yourself and I am sure others.  This flies in the face of those that think QDM can't work without hundreds of acres. As I am sure you are aware, this is a common QDM  misconception, especially amonst those individuals that are stuck on the old management concept of shooting anything with antlers and not shooting does. Tom Mac

hunt4ever

Postby hunt4ever » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:16 am

CaribouHunter ref. your 4/20/09 post that states "The founders of the QDM movement and the QDMA, Joe Hamilton, Murphy Ray, and Al Brothers, are truely remarkable, visionary men".  IMO you can say the same thing about Brian Murphy, QDMA CEO, and Kip Adams - Director of Education & Outreach (REACH). NOT elites, but only good old boys who love everthing about whitetails! Tom Mac

hunt4ever

Postby hunt4ever » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:16 am

[font="arial"]JPH regarding your follow up question on what Branch to join.  The Branch that I joined that was closest to where I live was not an active Branch at all.  I would hear from them once a year come annual banquet time.  I wanted more than that, so I joined a branch that has regular meetings, field outings, and offer regular training sessions.  The Branch is having their annual "[/font][font="arial"][/font] [font="arial"][size="2"]Texas BBQ" (from The Texas Connection) with all the beer, wine, soda and dessert you can eat and drink.[/size][/i] I am looking forward to this and have my son-law as the DD in case I partake in a few cold ones.[/font][font="arial"]  Although I can not go to all meetings, since they are about a 2 hour drive away, I am very happy that I made the switch.[/font][font="arial"] BTW - This agrees with Everyday Hunter posting of 4/2/09 where he suggested you should consider " which chapter is stronger and has more to offer, which chapter has the people you agree with in principle, and which chapter is more active". Image  Good luck & Amen, Tom Mac[/font]

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:26 am

ORIGINAL: hunt4ever

As I have posted before Buckhunter21 (ref. your 4/6/09 post), one can sell results easier than selling concepts/principles.  It looks like you sold yourself and I am sure others.  This flies in the face of those that think QDM can't work without hundreds of acres. As I am sure you are aware, this is a common QDM  misconception, especially amonst those individuals that are stuck on the old management concept of shooting anything with antlers and not shooting does. Tom Mac

Thanks...I just say it the way I see it and with what I believe in!
QDM!

LDhuntr50

Postby LDhuntr50 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:09 pm

I have been a member for over 3 years and have learned a lot about deer management through the publications and events.  You do not have to have land to be a QDMA member as some people believe. In fact you can form a coop under the guide lines of the QDMA information on their website.  Your property then would be part of a larger peice of the deer habitat.  I am a member of the MD QDMA, here is the link if you are in the area and would be interested in participating in some of our activities: http://www.marylandqdma.com/

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Tue May 05, 2009 11:11 am

I jut signed up for a one year membership. Im pretty excited! Looking forward to learning a lot and hopefully meeting some pretty cool people.
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

hunt4ever

Postby hunt4ever » Fri May 08, 2009 4:59 am

Congratulations Demoderby4/Matt in making the decision to join.  If you are interest in "Better Deer. Better Deer Hunting." (QDMA motto), I am sure you will NOT be sorry.  Tom Mac

I would be unstoppable...If I could just get going!

Demoderby4

Postby Demoderby4 » Sat May 09, 2009 6:44 am

Thanks hunt4ever! I def do have a high interest in that! I look forward to learning a lot from the site, magazine and fellow members!
Matt Cain
SE MI

Them Darned ol' deer.

sagittarius

Postby sagittarius » Thu May 14, 2009 7:01 am

Been a member for three years now.  I only own 7 acres, do several foodplots, and help friends with foodplots in 3 other Wisconsin counties, and hunt several small private properties.If I were to choose one deer hunting magazine to recieve, it would be "Quality Whitetails".   There is some down south deer hunting club stuff in the magazine that I don't pay much attention too.   There is also alot of habitat improvement, deer biology, deer population studies, and foodplot info that is cutting edge stuff.   Many magazines rehash/redo the same information year after year and it gets boring,  JMHO.   The "Quality Whitetails" magazine keeps me very interested.   Just my 2 cents.
"The real problem is not how we shall handle the deer in this emergency. The real problem is one of human managment. Wild life managment is comparatively easy; human management difficult." Aldo Leopold, March 1943

hunt4ever

Postby hunt4ever » Thu May 14, 2009 10:35 am

Sagittarius, I agree 100% with your Post 49 dated today, a big Amen from upstate NYImage.   That is more than your 2 cents worth, it is at least worth a quarter,  LOL.  I just got my April 2009, great stuff on food plots and developing better "groceries" for those whitetail wonders.  Check out "A Taste of Quality" on page 70, I am going to have to try the Crock Pot Venison Loin this weekend and wash it down with a few cool ones.  I can also see me and some of my buds feasting on that Venison Taco Soup in the very-very near future. Image Tom Mac   

I would be unstoppable...If I could just get going!

PreviousNext

Return to QDM • Quality Deer Management