d&dh forum slow?

Tips and tricks for using this forum
fr0sty

d&dh forum slow?

Postby fr0sty » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:59 am

Some days are worse than others, but by and large this forum has the slowest page display of any site I regularly visit.

Anyone else notice that?

Everyday Hunter

RE: d&dh forum slow?

Postby Everyday Hunter » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:10 am

ORIGINAL: fr0sty

Some days are worse than others, but by and large this forum has the slowest page display of any site I regularly visit.

Anyone else notice that?

Yes, I have. I've been on other forums and all of them (except T&TH) are faster. Some are much faster. It's hard to see how it could be my machine.

I'm generally not a complainer, but what do others think?

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:12 am

Agreed.  It is not the fastest.  I'll bump this thread to Corey Graff (D&DH Online Editor) and see what he says.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

tnt1960

Postby tnt1960 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:14 am

I totally agree. D&DH webpage takes forever compared to the other sites I go on![:@]
You can`t grill it till you kill it. For great sales/service, go to http://www.oneidabows.net/

Corey Graff

Postby Corey Graff » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:19 am

Thanks for your feedback. We're aware of the issue and are in the process of migrating to a newer, much faster system. So, be on the lookout. And thanks for your commitment to Deer & Deer Hunting! The fact that you folks stick with us despite this temporary technical issue shows what a group of committed deer hunters we've got here.

We're also planning other site upgrades including expanded content and improved video as well. So stay tuned...
Corey Graff
Online Editor - Outdoors/Firearms
F+W Publications, Inc.
700 East State St.
Iola, WI 54990-0001
t715.445.4612 x13217

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:28 am

ORIGINAL: Corey Graff

Thanks for your feedback. We're aware of the issue and are in the process of migrating to a newer, much faster system. So, be on the lookout. And thanks for your commitment to Deer & Deer Hunting! The fact that you folks stick with us despite this temporary technical issue shows what a group of committed deer hunters we've got here.

We're also planning other site upgrades including expanded content and improved video as well. So stay tuned...

You are the man, Corey Graff!  Thanks from all the D&DH Geeks!     [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:32 am

ORIGINAL: Corey Graff

Hey Corey, in case you haven't noticed we have the easy job -- feedback is what forum users are all about! Image You have the hard job -- keeping us all happy! [:D]

Sounds great, Corey, and thanks for the quick reply to this thread! One thought you might consider putting into the hopper -- it would be nice if the D&DH and the T&TH forums (assuming they'll continue to use the same system) would be set up the same way -- identical layouts and similar forum listings.

My 2?[size="2"]. [/size]

OK everybody -- get ready to recruit!

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:51 am

Once in a great while the forum will be slow.. I have a tough time with the website... It seems to me as the website is sometimes slower than the forum.. It could just be my computer though.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

MHHC S. IL

Postby MHHC S. IL » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:39 am

It's usually not too bad when I'm running on ethernet but using wireless it's pretty slow...
LIVE AT FULL DRAW

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:50 am

Thanks for the response Corey!  I've personally never had any issues but do what you have to do!  The upgrades sound awesome!  We're not going to ditch this forum and make a new one are we?  We lost a lot of good info in the last forum....Is that still available for viewing even?  I thought there was a link somewhere?!
QDM!

Next

Return to Forum rules and help