Anyone bear hunt?

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
coach

RE: Anyone bear hunt?

Postby coach » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:41 pm

Rumor has it that some UFC fighters will be there hunting as well. Should be fun. I'll be sure to post pics.

What ever you shoot....no matter how big it is.....Just say his was bigger...ok !!! [;)]
Cheers
Ottawa, Ontario

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:41 pm

ha!  Will do!
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

Goose

Postby Goose » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:09 am

I have never hunted them, I've been sending in for 7 years now and should get a tag this next year I hope. I've helped buddies bait and they have gotten some.
One of my buddies has a cabin where bear sightings are pretty common and we have had some great encounters with them!
Good luck to you and I look forward to the stories.

Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:19 am

Hunted over dogs in Iron Belt Wisconsin in the late 60's. No skill required here. Go out and sit down. If the dogs run one past you, you shoot it. Lots of fun.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:17 pm

Nice pic Wanderer.

This is definitely a new experience for me.  I'll be honest....I'm mainly doing it for the experience and the bear rug.  I don't think you'll see me on a Bear & Bear Hunting forum anytime soon if you know what I mean.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:42 pm

Regarding black bears....what is considered a "good" bear?  I'm thinking 200 pounds live weight.  Does that sound about right?

What about the meat?  The folks I've talked to said not to eat it.  That goes against my better judgement.  Thoughts?

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:26 pm

I really don't know much about hunting black bear, but I hear the meat isn't bad...Hm.  Never had it though.  Sure there are other guys or gals on here that know!
QDM!

bucktale

Postby bucktale » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:14 pm

Went bear hunting a couple of times, first one with dogs and the last time over bait in 2000. Got a tag this year for Wisconsin. Baited and took pictures when cameras where first coming out. What a blast. Got lots of pictures and about a 235 pounder with a bow. He went all of 10 feet and fell over. The meat is great. It tastes sweet, somthing like pork. Get some brats made for sure. The other cuts are fine too, just make sure you cook it through properly. Good luck!!!

rweyman

Postby rweyman » Thu May 14, 2009 1:58 am

I've never hunted bears. But my dad does own 175 acres in Canada and I do plan on hunting there someday. The neighbor of the land says there are moose, bear, and whitetail deer plentiful on the property. I've never even seen the property so far. My buddy sent me these photos today and since your(Patriot) hunt sounds like you should be starting next week, I thought you would find them interesting. Good Luck to you Patriot.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Thu May 14, 2009 9:02 am

Nice pics...I'm surprised that rope can hold that bear though! 
QDM!

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic