Dagwoods

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
passin through

Dagwoods

Postby passin through » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:35 am

Last night I was sitting down to a late night snack and wondered if anybody else liked to pile everything between a few pieces of bread and call it a work of art.  My snack last night reflected my sweet tooth but .... PB&J Dagwood= 2 pieces of white bread, PB&J ,and bananas, then take a 3rd piece and cover with PB and marshmallows.  Toast that piece lightly and cover with chocolate chips while still warm.  Mush the whole concoction together into a triple decker sandwhich and serve with cold milk and fresh strawberrys.

For lunch or dinner my Dagwoods are only limited by the contents of the fridge in true Dagwood Bumstead fashion....Some fave's are fried eggs, pickle relish, mayo, ham, turkey, bacon, balogna, letuce, tomato, any cheese...and so on.  Does anybody else do this or am I just wierd?[:D]
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

OHhunter

RE: Dagwoods

Postby OHhunter » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:58 am

Not saying your weird, but I've never fixed a dagwood.
Brad

HUNT HARD, SHOOT STRAIGHT, CLEAN KILL APOLOGIZE TO NO ONE

passin through

Postby passin through » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:47 pm

I will full well admit I'm weird then....... But.....Try it!  We used to make them in college all the time.  Just like with the cartoon character's sandwiches you just pile as much stuff that you normally like (along with a few experimental items) as you can on a few pieces of bread and unhinge the old jaw.....chips and pickles are a good side along with a cold glass of milk!  (or a cold brew if you are so inclined)  Its one of the few Sunday afternoon traditions I still do occasionally since getting married (the bride is not a fan though....her eyes roll like a pinball machine and she generally stalks off muttering about shooting people with high metabolism)[:D]
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:24 pm

ORIGINAL: passin through

I will full well admit I'm weird then....... But.....Try it!  We used to make them in college all the time.  Just like with the cartoon character's sandwiches you just pile as much stuff that you normally like (along with a few experimental items) as you can on a few pieces of bread and unhinge the old jaw.....chips and pickles are a good side along with a cold glass of milk!  (or a cold brew if you are so inclined)  Its one of the few Sunday afternoon traditions I still do occasionally since getting married (the bride is not a fan though....her eyes roll like a pinball machine and she generally stalks off muttering about shooting people with high metabolism)[:D]

I'm totally that guy that does that....Mmmm, sounds good!  Think I'm going to make me one right now!  [:D]
QDM!

halebp

Postby halebp » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:08 am

My Dad's a Dagwood, but I can't say it's passed to the next generation.  Sometimes, though, the genes show through in me, especially at those receptions where theres several cheeses, and several types of meat - that stuff gets piled up and I'm not ashamed as I open wide at formal occasions.

That PBJB&M sounds good though.  Might have to try that....

halebp

Postby halebp » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:10 am

Dangit, now I'm hungry!

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:13 pm

Well,  last week, I made a grilled:

tuna, prosciutto (sp), cheddar cheese, thousand island dressing and homemade saurkraut sammich.

Just sayin.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

John1961

Postby John1961 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:09 am

I cant stay out any longer. Peanut butter, tuna fish and cheese. Sometimes I toast the bread.  I think I got ya Passin Through. 
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

passin through

Postby passin through » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:05 am

John--- that ones pretty tough to beat!  (I really don't like tuna and the thought of PB and tuna....but then again if its good??? I might have to experiment....)  The only concoction I have that comes close would be what we used to call a "Cannibal"  Toasted bread, horse radish and raw hamburger......I had a buddy that liked em', but I was never hungry enough to try one.....I hate horse radish!  This guy was from way down south and would eat anything that didn't bite him bad enough to stop him eating it.[:D]

John1961

Postby John1961 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:51 am

Talking about way down south. I was stationed at Camp Shelby in south Mississippi. I learned to eat and LOVE MUDBUGS. OK Crawfish. When they were in season, every Friday I would buy 10 lb and a 12 pack. Sometimes I would add the corn on the cob and taters that were boiled with the mudbugs.  WOW Sadley the after affects were not plesent to say the least. But I would do this everyweek untill the season ws over. 
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

Next

Return to Off Topic