Ladder Stand Help Needed

Have you ever fallen? Share your story ... it might save someone else's life!
Patriot

Ladder Stand Help Needed

Postby Patriot » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:31 am

Hey folks,
I'm in need of your help.

As you may know, my wife will be hunting for the first time this year.  I'd like to get a two man (or in this case one man / one women) tree stand.

So....what is the best one in terms of price and functionality?  I'd like to keep it under $150.  I may also get a one man ladder stand to put up in my yard for practice shooting.

If you have links to websites to order from that would be great.

Thanks!!
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

kribbz

RE: Ladder Stand Help Needed

Postby kribbz » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:13 am

A buddy uses the Big Game two man for him and his kid and he likes it alright.  I think it is right at that $150 mark.  Something I did last year when my younger sister wanted to go with me was hung a strap-on stand next to a ladder stand so we were sitting side-by-side.  Just an option for you if you have the two already, could save you some bucks!

JPH

Postby JPH » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:29 am

ORIGINAL: kribbz
Something I did last year when my younger sister wanted to go with me was hung a strap-on stand next to a ladder stand so we were sitting side-by-side.  Just an option for you if you have the two already, could save you some bucks!

Me too.

Except I was not hunting with his sister.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:17 am

Thanks. I don't have a climber or portable.  No particular reason....just never used 'em.

I like ladder stands for the fact that I don't have to haul a climber out and fuss around with noise while hanging them up.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:42 pm

ORIGINAL: JPH

ORIGINAL: kribbz
Something I did last year when my younger sister wanted to go with me was hung a strap-on stand next to a ladder stand so we were sitting side-by-side.  Just an option for you if you have the two already, could save you some bucks!

Me too.

Except I was not hunting with his sister.

Touché!! 

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:13 pm

Patriot...I know what you're talking about.  We bought a two man ladder last year from Gander MTN.  I think it was in the $150 range as well.  Can't remember what it was called but it was their most popular one....Made my realtree.  Cushion seats, etc.  I'll see if I can find the name of it and get back to ya!  We bought it so we could hunt together with my nephew!
QDM!

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:10 am

that's pretty similar to the one they have at gander for about 20-30 bones cheaper!
QDM!

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:50 pm

All my ladder stands are Big Game brand. Well built and comfy. Kinda pricey but worth it. Call around to your local sporting goods stores for prices.

http://www.biggametreestands.com/
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

lonlon

Postby lonlon » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:56 pm

If you want your wife to hunt more than one season invest in a double Bull Ground blind, or borrow one from a friend. She will be comfortable, she can move around and if you are in a good spot the deer WILL NOT  see you! I have taken several first time hunters and this method works the best, she can sit on a chair and shoot off of sticks, a very deadly method for a first time hunter. If she really gets into it maybe a tree stand hunt could be in the future. Either way good luck and enjoy your hunt together!

Next

Return to Tree Stands