Dagwoods

Off Topic is the place for anything that doesn't quite fit into the other categories.
passin through

RE: Dagwoods

Postby passin through » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:15 pm

I know what you mean about the crawfish!!  I can't get enough this time of year.  After Easter the price always goes down so we do a few boils at the camp or a buddies place.  The last one we did was a welcome home for some of the guys that have been gone pipelineing out ya'lls way.  We cooked a little over 300lbs and ate ourselves silly......won't be doing that much again for awhile...it took forever to cook and the mess 300lbs of crawfish and the trimmings leaves around is horrible.  Sure was good eatin' while it lasted though...[:D]
It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:12 am

passinthrough
To those of us who grew up in Wisconsin, a "cannibal sandwich" is normal fare. Never went to a big wedding that didn't have raw beef and onions on the buffet. New Years Eve celebrations?....count on raw beef and onions at midnight. The proper construction is raw ground sirloin on an open faced rye bread with big slices of raw onions and salt and pepper. I've never heard of the horseradish before but I think I'll try it out. Sounds pretty good to an old Cheesehead. Maybe I'll get out an old Packer Super Bowl tape and a 12 pack and give er a try.

John1961

Postby John1961 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:20 am

Hey wanderer. I'll go for the 12 pack but I like my beef like I like my sushey ,COOKED.Image  I know my spelling stinks. 
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

CB on the run

Postby CB on the run » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:24 am

You boys light a match now, ya hear![:'(]

Charlie  cough..cough  Belle

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:04 pm

Wanderer, wow we used to have those for Christmas Eve every year when I was a kid. Have'nt had one in a long time. My husband won't even try one. He thinks I'm weird cuz I'll eat cooked white rice with milk sugar and cinnamon also. Ever try that?
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:37 am

DoeEyed
I never had the rice with milk and sugar and cinnamon but I'll add it to my list.

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:00 pm

DoeEyed...my Mom use to fix us the Rice with sugar,cinnamon and milk too when we were little,now my 2 Girls eat it! [;)] When we were growing up Mom taught us no to waste anything and she always made something good to eat from left-overs.She use to make waffles and put ice cream on them or she would make fried potato pancakes from left-over mashed potato's.Mmmmm Good

I thought Passin Through mis-spelled Dogwoods like in Dogwood Tree's...they are blooming here and look simply beautiful!

dadof3upatree

Postby dadof3upatree » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:41 pm

Man, now I'm hungry!  Thanks guys.  And the dadgum frig in empty.
May God Bless You As He Has Me

passin through

Postby passin through » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:23 pm

GTO--- This is Dagwood aka Dagwood Bumstead--with his trademark sammich...from the cartoon strip Blondie.  I agree on the beauty of the dogwoods though... they are blooming here too.  The wild pink roses and the white booming dogwoods are gorgeous when you can see them together!

It matters not the weapon nor its caliber, rather the caliber of the one who wields it.

DoeEyed

Postby DoeEyed » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:29 pm

fried potato pancakes from left-over mashed potato's.Mmmmm Good

Yep, we had those too! Mom food rocks. And I remember my dad making homemade pizza with sliced hotdogs. I want to be a kid again. [&o]
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic