PT Certs

Tips on how to keep yourself in top form for the hunting season.
DeanoZ

PT Certs

Postby DeanoZ » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:34 am

I know JPH has his certs..anyone else?  I'm in the process of getting mine through NASM, but may be switching to ISSA.  The NASM seems pretty popular, but in terms of self study its not the most helpful.  The ISSA course offers a great self-study program and a lot more support options than NASM.  Anyone going through this have an opinion?

DeanoZ

RE: PT Certs

Postby DeanoZ » Mon May 04, 2009 10:47 am

OK JPH...you have to have an opinion or advice on this?  Help a brother out!!!

JPH

Postby JPH » Mon May 04, 2009 1:47 pm

No problem!

My cert is through ACE. It was the most generic, white bread class you could get. It was all really basic stuff about general medical/legal issues, A&P, and basic exercises. Given the fact that I am a firefighter/paramedic, it was more or less a review of things I already knew.

I have learned FAR more by working out with others, reading books and doing searches on the internet, than I did from the class. My certification protects my employer, but it has done nothing to make me a more effective trainer.

That being said, the exam was pretty easy and if I choose to renew, it should be simple. That is a good thing.

I cannot speak to other certifications, or even even other ACE courses (mine was one of many they offer). All I can say is that from what I have seen, a cert is a cert and there is no need to get too worried about who issues it.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Tue May 05, 2009 5:15 am

Thanks Joe, yeah I hate to say it but I'm of the same opinion, thats why I figured I would just go the route that is the least painful.  ACE was another mentioned to me by a friend who is a PT, so I'll look into that one as well.  Thanks for the feedback, I may PM ya with a few more Q's.

Return to Hunter Health & Fitness